Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Black 97 manual 80 in Telford on eBay anyone?

And here i am fixing a truck i don't want when that could be parked in its place .

It looks well used to me, bit different if its been a wifes car with full Mt T history. Its still seen 18 winters and I bet its never had a clean underneath. The leather seats won't be a patch in how they look in the photos as the colour hides the cracks well, A steering wheel with a cover on is never a good sign.
This guy has had quite a few Cruisers on before and its my guess he has contacts with the local Toyota dealers to underwrite any old Cruisers which come up as he probably understands the Cruiser market.
If I was looking for my 1st 80 I would travel to view though as its the best incarnation of the 80 and you never know, it may be a good starting point.

And here i am fixing a truck i don't want when that could be parked in its place .
Sorry Shayne, as the saying goes, I saw this and thought of you…:)

Saw this come up a bit ago.

Would be nice to add to the fleet.

My old man went to see it a couple of days ago.
Its rotton and smells like a dog has been living in it. Plus the lockers don't work.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just goes to show, every potential one needs viewing, good ones are getting harder to find, Apparently its not too difficult to convert a petrol 80 to diesel if its a good bodyshell.
People will be doing full restorations soon on 80's, probably are now.

I am tempted to offer him a straight swap for my black D4D SWB collie with 103k a 3" stainless exhaust but the MOT history on that 80 is somewhat repetitive featuring the word "corrosion" all too often and without a doubt the suspension is shagged . It's been given the minimum maintenance possible i reckon .

If lockers need replacing as well as suspension what does that make it - a 7 or 8 grand truck ?

Last edited:
Just goes to show, every potential one needs viewing, good ones are getting harder to find, Apparently its not too difficult to convert a petrol 80 to diesel if its a good bodyshell.
People will be doing full restorations soon on 80's, probably are now.

This is it Andy, they're becoming harder to find as you say.. I believe that at the age that they are to restore a cheaper one and make it something special. A lot of good bodies appear to be cut up and really they need to be stored and reused. Hence the long term 80 owner can keep their trusty truck instead of searching for a mint late one.

Another 10 years down the line they'll be even harder to find and there'll be more people looking for them complete. Then to start the full restoration process.

This is it Andy, they're becoming harder to find as you say.. I believe that at the age that they are to restore a cheaper one and make it something special. A lot of good bodies appear to be cut up and really they need to be stored and reused. Hence the long term 80 owner can keep their trusty truck instead of searching for a mint late one.

Its a bit of a double edged sword this one Iwan, if someone creates a demand for a good quarter panel to repair/restore their own truck then another "good" one has to go under the sword and all the other parts will go to 80 owners eventually, so its also a demand/ supply argument.
Its funny though, people see minters fetching five figure sums and moan about the prices, its the price they fetch in the market place, don't forget, I paid £27k for my first one, so, why is a low mileage immaculate example in timewarp condition worth the same??

Another 10 years down the line they'll be even harder to find and there'll be more people looking for them complete. Then to start the full restoration process.

Its a bit of a double edged sword this one Iwan, if someone creates a demand for a good quarter panel to repair/restore their own truck then another "good" one has to go under the sword and all the other parts will go to 80 owners eventually, so its also a demand/ supply argument.
Its funny though, people see minters fetching five figure sums and moan about the prices, its the price they fetch in the market place, don't forget, I paid £27k for my first one, so, why is a low mileage immaculate example in timewarp condition worth the same??

Another 10 years they will be very hard to find indeed. Owners who have been able to preserve theirs will have something of rarity and their situation will be like Classic Range Rovers where they command as lot of money due to their rarity.
People who break them will still get them for two or three years and then I predict most of the lower end trucks will be recycled and the better ones wont get down to that level.

By this time they will be breaking 120's and possibly 150's as well as the 100's they are already, there will be a demand.

I bought two 80's for spares as it was in my interest as what they yielded as what I wanted, one, a 95 12V auto VX has a mint, rust free bodyshell, what do I do, carve it up to make repair panels to save others? or save it for the basis for a mint restoration and buy the sections out of others, paying £2-300 a time?
By the time I had a restored body and Chassis I'd have to spend a fortune on replacing all the stuff I had used on others, or buy another donor car, and the it starts again.........

Back