Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Black Plastic Gutter Strip

Werneroeder

Country Flag
uk
Evening all,
could anybody tell me wher I can get hold of the clip on/in gutter strip? I got a roof rack fitted and need these to finish off the gutter.

I just bought two complete gutter strips and an extra set of covers for my LC100 from Amayama. Part number is 7550660031 for the gutter strip, 7555760010 for the longer (middle) covers and 7555760020 for the shorter ones (front and back). Total order plus shipping (UAE to NZ) was US$97. The strips come with covers fitted so I could have saved a few bucks by not buying the extra set.

Dead easy to replace. I was able to re-use the original clips, although I had to apply some fresh double-sided foam tape to fix the clips to the roof channel. The order took a week for Amaya to process after I placed my enquiry. I paid for it on a Friday, they despatched it on Monday and it landed at my door on Thursday. Not bad service.

I needed new gutter strips because I bought some after market Roof Rails from Killa Concepts in Australia. No problems with their service, but I had to cut two new holes in the front of the original gutter strips to fix the rails to the hidden bolts at the very front of the roofline, just behind the A-Pillar. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the outer covers to sit properly. The middle one seemed to tank in towards the centre of the vehicle whenever i tightened the bolt, while the front and rear covers just wouldn't snap down as expected. I tried everything (swapped sides, tightened them all in a different order etc) but nothing seemed to work. I eventually came to the conclusion that Killa Concepts sent me the wrong covers. I have emailed them, but they haven't replied. Que sera.

When I fitted the rails, I applied liberal amounts of RTV, especially around the middle post where one of the bolt holes is filled with a rubber plug moulded into the foot pack. To cut a long story short....I lost a couple of covers during a long drive in a bad storm and lots of water started to leak into the cab from the front and rear pillars. By 09.00am the next morning, the cabin was well and truly flooded. I mean water poured out hen I opened the driver's door. I baled her out, but as we made our way home, the relays behind the passenger foot panel kept clicking, the Engine Management Warning light come on, the speedo stop working and the P, R and N lights flash on while we were rolling along at 100kmh.

Once home, I removed all the carpets to dry it out and eventually found the blown fuse. I've taken the roof rails off and bought a set of Whispbars, but needed the new gutter strip to cover the holes I cut for the rails. Job done, lesson learnt.

Last edited:
Back