Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blown bulbs

ModelMakerMan

Country Flag
england
Got in the car after work (not the LC, my little daily run around Seat Ibiza) and no headlights?! Full beam worked but no dipped beam on both lights, checked all fuses and couldnt see any blown ones so drove home on full beam with the beam adjusted all the way down.

Got home and checked fuses again, pulled the relays and checked them, checked the switch and wiring then checked the bulbs........ both blown wtf? Apparently this is relatively common with modern cars where both bulbs blow at the same time?? Why would this be and surely its a bit of a stupid thing have as a common issue?!:doh:

Last edited:
I used to drive a V0lvo S6O for a while and it regularly used to blow one or both dipped beams - I used to wonder whether this was because of the day light running system, ie because the lights come on at ignition.

Last edited:
What bulbs where they? I had Osram nightbreaker in the 120 and they would either blow at the same time or within a day of each other.
Same story, driving home in traffic and started to wonder if I actually had lights on. Checked all fuses, fine, ended up driving home with side lights and fog lights. Got home to find both bulbs blown.

They were H7 Philips Xtreme vision. Perhaps its something to do with these high output bulbs? I know they have a shorter life than normal bulbs.

They do have shorted lives. They're hotter (brighter) than normal.

Depending on how old they are, you can get them swapped under warranty. I had the first set of night breakers replaced as they only lasted 6 months. Did not bother when the second ones went.
Both occasions they died after a day of off-roading...

I have all the original bulbs in my 1995 80 exept for the interior roof light bulbs which do not last anytime at all and I have given up replacing them !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back