Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake pads

I think I am getting confused with the brakes in the transmission. Doesn't seem to have any brakes on 1st gear though so it would be pretty useless on very slow speeds. Perhaps it would be better to downshift from 2nd to 1st then the brake in 2nd would be working?
Screenshot_20171108-090215.png

We don't have Hydraulic auto boxes on trucks anymore, just automatically controlled manual boxes, and the engine braking is controlled by the exhaust brake. Hydraulic auto boxes are very interesting though would love to know how it works!

Dave, more pedal pressure needed was my first reaction, but thinking about it if you were to double the surface area of the pad and keep pedal pressure the same the psi on the pad to disc would be halved but the surface area doubled leaving the overall friction unaltered.

My 1oo does not have a vacuum servo but and electric brake booster motor. i wonder if all the 100's are the same.

I thought this too Frank way back, and it sounds right but the friction area is not doubled, perhaps 20% more, probably nothing in it, until temperature is taken into account. My query apart from the pedal pressure with the bigger pad, was that I found that silicone brake fluid did increase pedal pressure, particularly when cold along with the larger pad.

Regards

Dave

And the main query was about cold pedal response using silicone fluid, no issues?

No Dave , seems to be the same .....that said a lot of the vehicles I drive have non servo or hydrovac brake systems as they are 40's vintage military vehicles ......my Willys jeep certainly needs a healthy shove of the pedal.

Back