Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bummer !!!!!!!!

When I took my advanced driving test, my examiner was a police officer with a class 1 licence. He was very specific. " 30, 40, and 50 mph limits are what they say they are. On a m/way you get on with it. Pull out, put your foot down and get past. Then you slow to the speed limit"

Roger

we shouldn't moan...you exceed the speed limit in 30, 40 and 50 limits and get caught....tough, they have been around for long enough and are there for a reason. I for one have had to pick up the pieces when children/adults have been knocked over by vehicles....all I can say is excess speed does kill, and there's a hell of a difference between a 30mph and a 40 mph impact...it's called life and death...thats the reality.

When I passed my test there was only one speed limit and that was 30 mph in towns. Once you passed the deristriction sign there was no speed limit at all. There were no 40's 50's etc. When the motorways were first oppened there was still no limit but a series of spectacular crashes including a factory Aston Martin Le Mans car on the M1 lead to 70mph being introduced as a blanket limit for all roads in the former derestricted areas.

Frank

Aye lad, them were the days. When I started ont bike, jungle juice was less than a bob a gallon, a whore would cost you tuppence---s**k or f**k---and yer ma could cook a 5 course dinner, incl fish eggs, for less than thruppence. A black un tan was free down at the Red Lion and everyone knew my name.

Aye, them were the days.

Roger:violin:

sorry Frank, i'll get me coat.

Update time.

I have been offered the awareness course & am doing it on the 6th Dec.

Phew no points.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back