Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bush garage

Philip A

For once it was not one of the Land Rovers, but the 105. Clutch gave up the ghost. 150 km from the first petrol station, 250 km from the first patch of asphalt.

The biggest problem with a LC clutch is that you can't pull the gearbox out from inside the vehicle, like you do on a Landy, and that there is not enough space under the vehicle to remove it by hand (darn thing is heavy...). So you need a service pit.

image_zpsafab122e.jpg

Don't have a service pit? No problem, you dig yourself one...

image_zps3c1272e2.jpg

And here you are, all the space you need to get the gearbox off.

image_zps1e9cba40.jpg

New clutch ready to go in. How do you get a new clutch in the middle of the most remote corner of Northern Uganda? Well, as Kipling used to say, this is another story...

:clap:

Wheres the bonnet? :?

Last edited:
Brilliant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Only in Africa would you see that. Where was the emergency exit for the pit? I am not sure the steps are to regulation either.

might print it out and give it to the hse bloke here to show what you can do with out hurting your self.
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fantastic Phil,

c'mon tell us the while story.

Just love that,

I'd like to see that dug through Derbyshire clay. It'd be easier to just roll the vehicle onto its roof. Total genius.

I hope you filled it in when you'd done.

Only in Africa would you see that. Where was the emergency exit for the pit? I am not sure the steps are to regulation either.

might print it out and give it to the hse bloke here to show what you can do with out hurting your self.
stu

Yep, all excavations in excess of 900mm require side supports, bracing, fixed access ladders, bunting, warning signs and.... bla bla bla....:wtf:

Love this! Real intuition. :clap::clap::clap:

:think: Do you think those chappies would come over and dig one of those through the concrete base of my garage.

Yep, all excavations in excess of 900mm require side supports, bracing, fixed access ladders, bunting, warning signs and.... bla bla bla....:wtf:

Love this! Real intuition. :clap::clap::clap:

Ladder? It has two crates for access. £10 says the contents of the crates was part of the payment ;)

:think: Do you think those chappies would come over and dig one of those through the concrete base of my garage.

Sure they would, if the deal is good... As a bonus over their salary I promised them a 20lt jerrycan of local brew for the three of them if they dug fast enough. They put so much heart in the enterprise that I sent for two jerrycans instead.

Told them they were not to drink both of them the same evening, though...

Last edited:
still like to know how he got the clutch

But that is great way to do it

Me i don't need a pit on the Landrover it has 2 bodylift plus 3" spring lift so a nice easy job

the every day
toyota would be lost without a garage and all those nice snap-on tools

Not really I'd only take the hole with me and leave the sides behind. :wtf:

At least you can walk and get the clutch. Saves pushing the LC all that way. Or did you order it by carrier vulture.

Frank

Back