Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buying an 80 - deal breakers

I will never buy and fit ARB air lockers to any of my vehicles ever again! :icon-evil:

My rear one has a serious internal air leak meaning the compressor runs constantly and makes diff oil bubble up out of the breather tube.

The rear locker was fitted by a guy who spent 10 years working at ARB HQ here in Melbourne fitting air lockers. He used all new genuine ARB seals, brand new ring and pinion, all brand new Koyo bearings and genuine Toyota seals.

Cost me a fortune and has given me nothing but problems! :thumbdown:

Those Harrop E lockers look to be the way forward if you havent got OEM lockers! :icon-biggrin:

i've been trying to buy an E-Locker from Oz for my 120 for a few weeks now
no emails answered

looks like i'll have to persuade the missus to go there for a holiday
and fly back with an E-locker in the souvenir suitcase...;)

Be warned - this is a very poor Landcruiser from a seller who is wasting people's time, apparently this vehicle has rust starting in numerous places, air-con pump has been removed, etc, etc... very misleading
advert!

This may be a poor landcuiser but why would you take a dealers word for it who is selling tarted up 80s for 11500. $sounds a bit suspicious... Me thinks this dealer Lee is trying put down genuine cruisers to justify his own overpriced tarted up cruisers
7starcarsales website currently has 2 on forsale anyone been to see them? Did they have any rust? Just a thought.......

We have a few dealers on here would Dont post hardly and wait for the good ones to come up for sale. I know a few who simply check the classified section.

Most of the big money 80s have had a load of paint to make them right.

This may be a poor landcuiser but why would you take a dealers word for it who is selling tarted up 80s for 11500. $sounds a bit suspicious... Me thinks this dealer Lee is trying put down genuine cruisers to justify his own overpriced tarted up cruisers
7starcarsales website currently has 2 on forsale anyone been to see them? Did they have any rust? Just a thought.......
Sorry what do you base this on? What I said was based on facts as I know someone who travelled all the way to Aberdeen to view that vehicle and I also mentioned that a few posts later in this thread. How can you justify what you are saying?? To say we are selling overpriced tarted up vehicles is based on what exactly??

Last edited:
Lee was helpful to me. Anyone buying any car should go and inspect before buying so rumours are irrelevant.

Lee was helpful to me. Anyone buying any car should go and inspect before buying so rumours are irrelevant.

Fair comment but a lot of these over priced landcruisers are sheds in disguise.. anyone recall these chaps always had seemingly mint 80 series advertised at sky high prices... Well check the link below

Google Halifax courier rogue car dealers face jail

Used to go by the name chequered flag car sales

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chequered flag are well known here and we all knew to not bother even after they appeared to clean up their act ...

Coincidence that this thread has been revived, just seen a 1992 VX in good all round condition.......12,000 euros, that's around £8,500....gulp!!

Pretty good shape in Silver which IME is unusual, no diff locks, small wheels, small brakes but not much rust as the climate here is pretty good to the old cars. Full ITV, unsure if the road tax has been paid, if you buy a car in Spain check for the road tax payments. Even if the car has not been taxed for years the bill (and fines) stay with the car and hence the new owner, could run into thousands on top of the purchase price...caveat emptor!

regards

Dave

Once i reach 12; how does one PM?

To the right of your user name at the top of the page, click notifications and then INBOX, next page look to the left for your choice.

How many messages is that now?

regards

Dave

Back