Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buying an 80 - deal breakers

that's why i wasn't interested,got to be OEM lockers IMO

ARB air lockers are proven kit and have been around for a long time. They ain't cheap either. I'd be more than happy with them personally.

ARB air lockers are proven kit and have been around for a long time. They ain't cheap either. I'd be more than happy with them personally.

after doing some research on Pradopoint i wouldn't buy a vehicle with an ARB locker

i'm trying to buy a Harrop Eaton front locker for my 120 at the mo'

So out off interest what is wrong with ARB lockers?

I think there was a comment on Ben's 70 thread that should the ARB locker fail, then it has a tendency to mesh up the diff, where the Eatons are less likely to do this, but please don't take my word for it, it's heresay only....

So out off interest what is wrong with ARB lockers?

a lot of serious failures and seal problems reported on PPoint by ARB air-locker owners

the E-locker owners seem to be happy

The Jap import "Snow Editions" have what you want, lockers, auto, nice specced trucks, a few about & they tend to be a lot less rusty than the UK ones.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If that looks half decent in the metal, I wouldn't lose it for the sake of a few quid. £4495 is pretty fair. I couldn't see anything obvious to say it will disapoint.

Bad times he wants to get it taken off then

Last edited:
I will never buy and fit ARB air lockers to any of my vehicles ever again! :icon-evil:

My rear one has a serious internal air leak meaning the compressor runs constantly and makes diff oil bubble up out of the breather tube.

The rear locker was fitted by a guy who spent 10 years working at ARB HQ here in Melbourne fitting air lockers. He used all new genuine ARB seals, brand new ring and pinion, all brand new Koyo bearings and genuine Toyota seals.

Cost me a fortune and has given me nothing but problems! :thumbdown:

Those Harrop E lockers look to be the way forward if you havent got OEM lockers! :icon-biggrin:

My ARB has been remarkably trouble free, but they're old tech now - the E-lockers look to be far easier to deal with and I'd certainly be choosing one if I had to do it again.

Im gonna give the one with the arbs a call on the weekend, quite fancy another 80... Again.... For the 3rd time..... Lol

It will be interesting to hear the report back on the actual condition when someone who knows what they are looking at actually examines it.

Andy

Back