Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Buying LC 100

stevemitch

When buying a LC 100. If I compare the 98,99,00,01,02 to the facelift 03,04,05... models, what are the mechanical improvements made? I presume that its a better gearbox and engine management resulting in improved performance? What are the main improvements made and is it worth paying the extra for the newer facelift models? THANKS :thumbup:

There are a few threads on this already, also one with all the improvements/changes made for each release up to 7/2004.

Short version: Facelift not worth $hit. 5-sp box w improved engine control is the only change worth anything: Much more responsive. Well, the same model came w curtain airbags, wich could come in handy one day. Another change is the newer type of hvac controls, which is much more difficult to use than the earlier version w 3 dials. (talking non-nav here)

I'm not sure how to find previous posts/threads :oops: But i'm keep trying.

When did the main changes come in, like the 5-sp box, 2002 or 2003? Can the model be identified my ID numbers?

So improved performance and economy. Some added comfort. I Dont like the airbags as i'm always worried that they go off when I accidentally hit something like a tree. Can they be switched off on the LC100?

This is the very stuff that I would be very interested in, now the 120 has gone.
I guess in about 6 months or so, I will be looking for a 100 series.
So this information would be most welcome.

To be honest, I am not sure to go for a diesel or the petrol.
I spend so little time in UK now, (just 2-3 months a year at most, for leisure) that I guess a petrol 100 series, with it's lesser price advantage, would soon outweigh any difference in a diesel 100 series.
Any way, I digress.

Info please on the 100 most welcome.

Gra.

Firstly, what is your intended use for the truck, petrol or diesel, and whats your budget?

There are a lot of changes that happened from 2001 onwards - not just airbags & gearbox - have a look here:

http://www.mudtoys.com/manuals/100/New_Car_Features.pdf

The curtain/side airbags can be turned off - the others are there to save your life!!

Budget is quite an issue - I haven't seen anything with 5 speed gearbox less than around 15K recently - you can tell by the dogleg shifter in the centre console - still 03/04's with 4 speed box about.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For me, I think I want it just for road use.
Pertol or diesel is fine.
Must have the "wiggle gate" auto stick, which is the 5 speed.

Apart from that, LPG converted wold be a bonus, but not a deal breaker.

Gra.

Back