Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cargo net behind front seats...?

Lorin

Does anyone know of a cargo net that fits right the way across, behind the front seats of an 80? I bought a cheap eBay one but it's junk. I need something that would keep whatever is in the back from coming through in the event of an accident. I'm not worried about it being vehicle specific - I can figure out how to secure it - just need something the right width and height.

Or someone that would make one...?

No idea but I must have heard of them from somewhere

Does anyone know of a cargo net that fits right the way across, behind the front seats of an 80? I bought a cheap eBay one but it's junk. I need something that would keep whatever is in the back from coming through in the event of an accident. I'm not worried about it being vehicle specific - I can figure out how to secure it - just need something the right width and height.

Or someone that would make one...?
Next time your down the coast. see the fishermen or ask about for the netting they use.. fish/lobster pots etc most of the lads down the Marina use it for the same thing on Boats. stops stuff crashing about when it gets a bit choppy comes in all colours and sizes. power washes up like new.. if you can be creative it looks great.. Would stop a Scud missile that stuff...' Just a thought like'

Rocknroad make the custom cargo nets for 4x4s and emergency response vehicles. They made the one on my bonnet. They make one for the 80 that fits up inside the roof.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Lorin - did you buy one from rocknroad in the end?

No, regrettably I didn’t. I did speak to Brad who was really helpful in thinking it through and we came up with a design that would have suited my requirements - he has access to an 80 for measurements etc. I think the product would have been very good. The quote for it was just under £260. Unfortunately I simply ran out of funds whilst preparing the truck for Russia, as a few bits ended up costing more than I expected.

I am currently installing a barrior using cargo net from here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/153125471292 Not comparable to what Brad was offering but anchored properly it is more than strong enough for my needs and very cheap.

I went with a steel barrier. The most likely thing to kill you in an accident is stuff coming through from the rear of the vehicle and I really don't think a net is going to cut it for some of the heavy, dense stuff we lug about.

cruiser 5.jpg

No, regrettably I didn’t. I did speak to Brad who was really helpful in thinking it through and we came up with a design that would have suited my requirements - he has access to an 80 for measurements etc.

Thanks Lorin.

I went with a steel barrier. The most likely thing to kill you in an accident is stuff coming through from the rear of the vehicle and I really don't think a net is going to cut it for some of the heavy, dense stuff we lug about.

I already have a steel barrier that positions behind both front rows of seats that I imported from oz at considerable expense. We are considering going down this route to have the flexibility of being able to be able to take it down quickly when carrying passengers or to be able to climb into the front quickly when sleeping in the back. We will have have drawers and a mattress/cushions on top of those so we shouldn't ever have anything too heavy or large unsecured floating around.

Back