Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cats being stolen

:icon-evil: You would think this would be easy to police.....

UK’s NUMBER 1 CATALYTIC CONVERTER ANTI THEFT DEVICE http://catalyticconvertertheft.com/

ANIMATED-CATLOC-just-product-pics.gif

we have these now for the vans aswell, the first one i fitted, as i was doing up the coach bolt with the sheer nut on it, the coach bolt snapped before the sheer nut did! fitted a bolt not from the kit and it was fine, quite a good kit apart from the fixings

Next month theres a big change happening in the scrap industry in the UK that might slow down the number of metal thefts.

A new law is coming in where by scrap dealers will no longer be able to buy scrap metal from people without first seeing photo ID, and they wont be able to pay cash for the scrap, cheque or bank transfer only, they will also be recording number plates.
The scrap yards near me have already starter taking photos of the driver and vehicle.

The government are saying its to try and stop metal thefts, but the real reason is TAX. Working in construction, the company I work for end up with on average £1-£2k of scrap per month, which is all sold for cash. But next year all that scrap money is going to have to go through the books. :x

I doubt it will stop CAT's being stolen completely, but it might slow it down a bit. :think:

Will be interesting to see if it reduces/stops some of the pikeys driving round collecting/nicking scrap. :icon-confused:

Last edited:
I was listening to the local (Welsh) news this morning & heard that the scum bags had been at the ambulances overnight for the cats... Four of them out of action... They need stringing up these people... :icon-evil:

A few days ago I was reading the basic story about Fred West, the serial killer from Gloucester. Apparently his father abused Fred's sister and his only advice to Fred was, "do whatever you want, just don't get caught doing it".

With that sort of advice, it's no wonder people go of the rails.

I agree with Gav, we need to make the punishment fit the crime. Bring back hanging and flogging.

Roger

The government are saying its to try and stop metal thefts, but the real reason is TAX. Working in construction, the company I work for end up with on average £1-£2k of scrap per month, which is all sold for cash. But next year all that scrap money is going to have to go through the books. :x

The real reason may well be for tax but if it cuts down on the scrap metal theft/resale market who gives a s**t. One tax law that will actually welcomed by most!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The real reason may well be for tax but if it cuts down on the scrap metal theft/resale market who gives a s**t. One tax law that will actually welcomed by most!

Yes I agree. :icon-biggrin:

Even if I was staying in the UK it wouldn't really affect me. I normally weigh in about £600-£1000 a year, I cant see the tax man ever investigating such a small amount. :think:

I've got quite a bit to weigh in after Christmas. :dance:

Will be interesting to see how this new law affects the prices. They may go up if less is being weighted in. :think:

Back