Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Central locking

Mark01

Country Flag
england
Hi all,
I have been busy tidying my cruiser up since I got it. One little job I am stumped with is the Central locking.
It locks and unlocks on the button on the door no problem, with the key it locks all doors but only unlocks the drivers door.
I have stripped the door panel off and checked the linkage, all seems to be in place and working.
Can anyone tell me if it is a fault in the control box or do I need to look elsewhere.

Cheers, mark

You don't say what year you car is but on mine the key locks and unlocks all doors. What it doesn't do is turn the alarm on/off at the same time as when using the alarm fob to lock/unlock the car so if you enter with the key the alarm will sound when the door is opened.

I would love to get to the bottom of my central locking..... The whole truck unlocks (but doesn't lock) from the drivers door. To lock the truck I have to use the indoor button, then lock the drivers door with the key. I don't have an alarm fob, although the alarm seems to work OK. I'm hesitent to strip out the lock and linkages, as I don't have a degree in Origami :?

Hi Andrew
It seems that the central control (situated in the drivers door) unit is working fine if you say that all the doors can be locked by pressing the door lock button.

It sounds like it can be be that the contacts in the drivers lock are dirty / corroded or it could be something with the wiring or a connector in the door.

Just check if the wire from the key lock goes to earth when you lock - if it does then the problem is with the wiring or a connector somewhere

Let me know how you get on.

James

james-c said:
Hi Andrew
It seems that the central control (situated in the drivers door) unit is working fine if you say that all the doors can be locked by pressing the door lock button.

It sounds like it can be be that the contacts in the drivers lock are dirty / corroded or it could be something with the wiring or a connector in the door.

Just check if the wire from the key lock goes to earth when you lock - if it does then the problem is with the wiring or a connector somewhere

Let me know how you get on.

James
Thanks James, I'll give that a shot.....

Hi towpack,
It's a 1992 on a keyboard registered. The alarm was disabled by the previous owner, when I bought it I got 2 keys and 2 immobilized fobs which do not work. The previous owner said he had it all disconnected because the alarm kept going off. I don't know if this is connected to the central locking fault or maybe something in the control box at fault.

Cheers, mark

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back