Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chas' HMS Phoenix

Bloody ‘ell Chas, what are we gonna do with you, mate?

Argggg!!

I’m afraid you’ll have to live with that one till your next visit.... :whistle: (or bite the bullet on someone local).

What a damn shame...

That's really good. I used to work with some eastern European panel beaters and there skill set was much above people here.

Chas thats a shame! Do you think a visit to specsavers is in order ;)

Chas thats a shame! Do you think a visit to specsavers is in order ;)

If you could see the width of the access road I have to negotiate you would understand, the access road is about 100ft long and there is about 2" clearance each side of the rear view mirrors, The entrance starts at the pavement of a very narrow side street with not a lot of manoeuvring room. Morden tube is just round the corner and the street gets full of commuters parked cars and I have to try and enter square on, either side of the entrance is brick garden wall, yeah, one of which I hit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats sucks for sure Chas always a instant disappointment at first. Its feels even worse having it renewed sorry I know how that must feel.

I've nowadays have learnt to let go and look at the bright side life's too short .....Thankfully its not worse hey :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm surprised your sliders did’nt hit first though Chas, just thinking aloud, if you caught the angle of the wall side-on... :think:

I'm surprised your sliders did’nt hit first though Chas, just thinking aloud, if you caught the angle of the wall side-on... :think:
This is what I didn't understand Clive. Maybe some sort of rubbing strip needs to be added to take the sliders out a tad more? I have to say Chas, reading how tight this access is for you, and how often you negotiate it successfully, that you've had rotten luck this time and it could have happened to any one of us.

Soon after we moved here, there was a short 1 foot high brick pier at the end of our front wall, capped with a paving slab. One night I drove the truck out and just caught the rear arch surround on the overhanging slab, holing and removing it. Hopping mad with myself, I took a sledgehammer to the brick pier and it was, I discovered, the most solid one in the whole road as all the others had been loosened at some point and would have moved at the slightest touch.

Rotten luck Chas, rotten luck mate. :(

Yes it surprised me too but the wall hit just before the sliders, you can see in the picture of the damage the impact, if the sliders were 1" further forward it wouldn't have happened, bugger! :angry-screaming:

Yes it surprised me too but the wall hit just before the sliders, you can see in the picture of the damage the impact, if the sliders were 1" further forward it wouldn't have happened, bugger! :angry-screaming:

I don't know about sliders Chas, have you considered the "exoskeleton" type roll cage? You know, front, back,sides, roof etc, Might be something to think about :laughing-rolling:.

I don't know about sliders Chas, have you considered the "exoskeleton" type roll cage? You know, front, back,sides, roof etc, Might be something to think about :laughing-rolling:.
:icon-rolleyes: Yes Andy I have, but that would add extra width (less aerodynamic) and weight (less mpg) so I didn't go down that road. :lol:

I suggested the green in the first place because military colours carry their scars well ;)

What a bummer! Especially as how good the truck looked after the make over. Just remember it's only metal and can be repaired.
Erm..........How about a Suzuki Jeep Chas?................

....................Runs and hides!:icon-biggrin:

I suggested the green in the first place because military colours carry their scars well ;)
Thank you Shayne, I've been very pleased with that colour.

Perhaps a visit to these people Chas… now, if only I could remember the guys name…:whistle:

Back