Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cheap whisky - well, whisky, cheap

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Just been to that well known supermarket beginning with Tes and ending in O. Thought I'd stock up the medicine cabinet, well it is the weekend, and I came across their Speyside 12yr old single malt. Had this several times in the past and it's pretty good. Light, honey and floral notes blah blah. Slightly sugary reminiscent of a Glennfigit really.

But the good news is

IT'S £12 A BOTTLE

I bought two, nearly took three. Bargain. Needless to say I have accidentally opened one already. Well I fell on the stairs and the cork just came out. Hic

Chris

hope you didnt hurt yourself when you fell Chris :think: :think:

yum - that is a tasty one!

we have a rule in our house, any bottle of whisky entering the house has to be uncorked and sampled within 30mins!

going to sup some Tobermory shortly, 4 hours cutting trees with chainsaw and i am exhausted...
time to crash in front of the fire

Slange! cheers!

Hurt myshelf, err can't wemember.

Urp!

C

My ave hd sme whickey tooo tonight :thumbup: But mixed mine wiff some sweet vermouth (bout 2/3 vermouth to 1/3 whickey) it good :)

What !! you mixed whisky with something else, my old man told me years ago that the only thing to add to whisky is another.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just red port left here. £6 at oddbins, but a wink gets you two bottles for £9... :whistle:

#2 and her attribute are coming over for diner tonight.

The attribute is a fond enthousiast of mountainbikes and doesn't have the foggiest about internal combustion leading to forward motion.

So I've taken procautions. A movie from the rental place and some single malt.

I live in a town that has four distilleries in it. When I'm out with the dog in the morning the air is tinged with the glorious smell of whisky production. You would think that being surrounded by the 'water of life' that I would be fed up with it. Well think again! :D I am a great fan of the old single malt. I don't really have a favourite as they're all good.

The older whiskeys are great.
They pack a punch to be reckoned with, but when nipped at really smooth on the taste.
Has a great smell to it.

Don't like water in it and heaven forbid cola's.

Back