Check out these puppies!

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Thought that would make you look. Seriously though, wheels arrived back today after a VERY long saga. Pretty pleased with them. I reckon Judge Dredd would be happy with these!
Even the steel spare looks tidy. They have lacquered them too which I didn't ask for which makes them look very bling. I think that this will probably haze up after a bit.

coated.jpg

Chris

Attachments

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
hmmmmmmm :drool:

They do look nice...

What colour is that? Black or anthracite? I wanted to do mine recently and they offered the two colours in satin finish. I ended up thinking black wheels on a black car would be too much so opted to just refurb them silver.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Ooh, black on black, now that would have looked really stealth bomber!

I have done the caps in black too, but might line the T in blood red. Or maybe white?

C

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Currently, Perth Australia
Garage
Cossack said:
Has anyone tried a DIY job, :scared-shocked: Hammerite or similar, what's the best? :confusion-confused:
Chas
matt-black hammerite and then T-cut the crap out of it...
Comes up really nice...

Not to glossy and deffo not matt...
But really black...

that is what I will do to my bike again for now...

Chas

Supporter
I am in england
Mar 15, 2010
Merton Park London
Garage
TobyJug said:
matt-black hammerite and then T-cut the crap out of it...Comes up really nice...Not to glossy and deffo not matt...But really black...that is what I will do to my bike again for now...
:cool: Thanks Toby, I'll give it a go when I get back from Croatia.
Chas

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Currently, Perth Australia
Garage
Cossack said:
TobyJug said:
matt-black hammerite and then T-cut the crap out of it...Comes up really nice...Not to glossy and deffo not matt...But really black...that is what I will do to my bike again for now...
:cool: Thanks Toby, I'll give it a go when I get back from Croatia.
Chas
no worries... I meant the rattle cans by the way not the brush on type.. :D

have a good trip by the way....

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
I am in england
Feb 24, 2010
Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
Garage
Cossack said:
Has anyone tried a DIY job, :scared-shocked: Hammerite or similar, what's the best? :confusion-confused:
Chas
I find the plastikote spray paint cans good and have done my wheels with satin black. It's not as hard wearing as powder coat and also I think the powder coaters shot blast and filler prime the wheels to help get the good finish which you'll have to do a lot of prep work to match doing it yourself. I started with wheels that had a good finish so very little prep work was needed. As they got scratched badly in France I'm glad I took the cheap option on this occasion.

Dave Burgess

Apr 1, 2010
Didcot, Oxon
Chris said:
Ooh, black on black, now that would have looked really stealth bomber!

I have done the caps in black too, but might line the T in blood red. Or maybe white?

C
Go for white to match the car..... and the fact I did mine red yesterday :naughty: :lol:

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
White wheel on a white car!!! I think not dear boy. That would be hideous. I'm trying to get it to look less like an ice cream van thank you very much.

Chris

Dave Burgess

Apr 1, 2010
Didcot, Oxon
Are you using paint or cans? I used the acrylic grey primer (suitable for bumpers and other plastic items) in a can, gloss black (not sure of the make up but compatible in a can), Red enamel model paint for the hat and clear cellulose in a can to cover. All from Halfords except the model paint.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Exactly what I used. Several coats, no problem, then just sprayed again and in seconds parts of it just bubbled up. Looks terrible. Going to have to flat it all off and start again. Will I ever get this done. Just heard that rack isn't coming today after all.

Give me strength

C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks