Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chip for KZJ90?

CAT

Country Flag
ireland
Hello again! Here is an update on my truck.

Front mount intercooler has been installed, safari snorkel in position, 3 inch dump pipe and side exhaust, boost controller and EGT gauge.

Ok so I get 10-11 psi on the gauge (maybe loss through the FMIC) not too worried about it, exhaust and dump pipe mean turbo is reaching its limit very quickly and revs are great.

I turned up the spill control valve and got some great gains from it. Am I correct in thinking that by doing this I am just increasing fuelling across the range with no variation according to boost/revs/speed etc?

Would I get any gains from a chip that might focus more on what the engine is doing and then adjust fuelling accordingly? Is this possible with the 1KZTE engine? Many thanks in advance, Liam.

Yes, turning the spill control valve up increases the fuel in the entire range including idle. It gives good gains but in theory isn't efficient and not very economical either. A chip that is programmed to work alongside boost levels and various speeds would work well as it could provide more fuel when on higher boost, rather than throughout the range. There are various chips out there though so be careful which one you pick!

If you want to go full on mental with power, a mechanical Pump is the way forward as they can supply the engine with heeps more fuel a lot more quicker!

Thanks Beau, I am mainly trying to make the engine more efficient and gain some savings in fuel, saying that I had great fun after turning up the valve ;) Are there any reviews out there on the various chips for the 1kzte or can anyone recommend any? Am I better off going to a professional who can look at my motor and possibly dial in to the chip the appropriate setting that I want? Mainly fuel savings?

There was one posted on here with very good reviews and substantial performance increases. However I believe the cost was £1000+ if not near double....

Some guys (Hiace Guys) I've read had there ECU Re mapped using some ROM COM software. I have no idea but it's very complicated and you'll need to find someone who knows what they're doing. It's hard to find the right balance between power and economy

What is there to chip on these, they have a mechanical pump and I'd advise against anything that involves randomly increasing fuelling as all you do is wash the bores clean of oil.

What is there to chip on these, they have a mechanical pump and I'd advise against anything that involves randomly increasing fuelling as all you do is wash the bores clean of oil.

I was under the impression that the "e" in the 1kz te stood for electronic injection. I very much stand to be corrected there. I have already turned the control valve back to its original position as I am not sure it is the answer. Actually I am researching he veggie route now. The stuff you read, just found out the diesel engine was invented by Rudolph diesel and it was originally run on peanut oil?!! Brilliant!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There isn't a 'chip' as such, the e indicates the fuelling and gearbox are controlled by an ecu.

The ecu doesnt contain a programmeable chip though. It was the predecessor of such chips.

I think.....

Back