Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chris Knott inquiry

Dan W

Garage
Hello, coupe of quick questions please. I have a slightly modified 80 series. Can you offer insurance if this is the only vehicle in the household (so main vehicle).
And also I used to have an off-road policy that didn't accrue a no claims bonus. This policy was discontinued by the insurer and I was put on a 'normal' policy. I had seven years no claims bonus added to this policy. Is this transferable to one of your policies?
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure we can only offer green-laning cover if you have another car for everyday use but if you just want a regular road-going policy we can take the ncb into account if you have proof of the 7 years at least.

Last time I made an enquiry to CK they were a little steep against AF. The Trol should be finished soon so I will get them to quote as it is a modified vehicle.Lets see what happens.

Andy

It's OK now thankyou I've renewed with my current insurer as they've offered me a good deal with many perks. Good luck with it Andy, I think they're supposed to be reasonable if you have a different car for day-to-day use.

What a complete waste of time CK are. Firstly, they only deal with ONE insurer (Hi Way) that will accept modified vehicles, so they are not able to give best advice across multiple insurers. Secondly, someone stole our 20 year old Defender in October last year, so despite having 10+ years NCB (protected) they have declined to insure me at all!!!! BAck to the drawing board....

i agree i phoned them this week to get a quote which turned out to be over £600 for my 80 as they will not accept my 6 yrs np claims as it was a trade policy. but when i found another quote foe £400 they said we can beat that no problems sir. i work as a buyer and some thing that gets drumed into you is do not turn things into a dutch auction. so why would i go with them? give people a good quote to start off with and they might have got yhe business.
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i agree i phoned them this week to get a quote which turned out to be over £600 for my 80 as they will not accept my 6 yrs np claims as it was a trade policy. but when i found another quote foe £400 they said we can beat that no problems sir. i work as a buyer and some thing that gets drumed into you is do not turn things into a dutch auction. so why would i go with them? give people a good quote to start off with and they might have got yhe business.
stu
Where did you get the other quote from Stu? My renewal from Flux is £880 with 10 years NCB!

Have you tried NorCounty, they wouldn't quote me because my motor is not modified.

Back