Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chris's Funeral

Thanks for inviting us Claire. Hope all is as well as it can be under the circumstances. We will be there in the 81.

1.Andy
2.Sam
3. Jacob 100
4. Gav
5. Jon Wildsmith
6. Raj
7 karl and the crew
8 Gary820
9. Nick
10. Towpack
11. tonytoyota
12. Gary
13. Sarah
14. SteveJB
15. Dave
16. Trev
17. Rich & Lynn

Last edited:
Claire, my sincere condolences to you and the family.

Thank you very much for the kind invitation to celebrate Chris’s life, I will be glad to be there.

Unfortunately for the first time since 2009 I no longer have a Land Cruiser, so sadly I can’t help with the procession, but by the length of the list the club members are doing Chris proud.

Now just to decide if I’ll be going up and back the same day, or staying over somewhere.

It’s been great seeing the pictures of Chris, I’ll have a search through and see if I have any to add.

1.Andy
2.Sam
3. Jacob 100
4. Gav
5. Jon Wildsmith
6. Raj
7 karl and the crew
8 Gary820
9. Nick
10. Towpack
11. tonytoyota
12. Gary
13. Sarah
14. SteveJB
15. Dave
16. Trev
17. Rich & Lynn
18. Scott

1.Andy
2.Sam
3. Jacob 100
4. Gav
5. Jon Wildsmith
6. Raj
7 karl and the crew
8 Gary820
9. Nick
10. Towpack
11. tonytoyota
12. Gary
13. Sarah
14. SteveJB
15. Dave
16. Trev
17. Rich & Lynn
18. Scott
19. Rosy

As sad as it will be to say goodbye to the big man I'm looking forward to hearing all the stories and memories that will retold around many a campfire for many, many years to come..

These are 2 of my favorites. the first was when we dropped in on Chris on our way back to London after Nick managed to acquire a CJ homebrew bumper from Mr Lomas. Nick wasn't quite sure how to fit the thing but after beating around the bush for a while asked Chris if he would help fit it. "Of course man, why didn't you say sooner.. I cant read minds you know" 5 minutes later we were outside making a mess of his drive.

The second was a particularly wet and windy Lincomb, despite having fed us copious amounts of his magic venison curry, gin and a few choice cigars he randomly decided he needed something sweet. I thought he intended to get out a slice of vicky sponge or some hobnobs.. nope, as only Chris would, he proceeded to whip up a fresh stack of choc, chip pancakes.. in a soggy field at silly o'clock in the evening.
IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Being up in North East Scotland I just can’t manage the time off to make the trip south. However, my thoughts are with Claire and all of Chris’s family and friends at this very sad time. The world of Land Cruisers has lost a very valuable, knowledgable and thoroughly nice guy. Drive on Chris!

Has anybody any idea where we will meet up beforehand, or know any suitable car parks / service areas nearby?
you know how Chris loved a convoy, and by the look of things I don’t think chesterfield will have seen such a big convoy of cruisers for quite some time!

My convoy starts when I get to Rosie's at 6am, but I don't know where after that

Has anybody any idea where we will meet up beforehand, or know any suitable car parks / service areas nearby?
you know how Chris loved a convoy, and by the look of things I don’t think chesterfield will have seen such a big convoy of cruisers for quite some time!
Tesco maybe?

Tesco sounds good to me, Bridge Street North, Chesterfield S45 9NU

It’s about 3 miles from Chris’s house, looks like it has a big car park too.
what say everyone?

Try to be at Chris's about 11.30. The arrangement Claire would like ( I'm not sure quite how practical) is that we all follow the funeral cortege from the house led by Chris's "Blue one". Overtake on the dual carriageway and all be waiting for him when he arrives.

There'll be a few coming down from mine to get there about 11.30.

I think there'll be a few little groups arriving together.

I will be staying at Tibshelf, Alfreton. I am starting from home on Thursday evening after work and will stay there for the night. This place is about 20 mins from Chris's place. depending on where all are meeting up, I will be there on Friday. If there is anyone to drive my car locally, I will take the passenger seat. Otherwise, I will follow you all from the meeting point.
Depending on the camping confirmation, either I will return back on Friday night or stay at the same place, nothing is planned yet.

Is the plan to meet at Tesco then when we are all there go to Chris's for 11:30?
does sound like a good idea to me rather than all turning up in dribs & drabs

also not sure if everyone knows exactly where his house is, and not a good idea to put it on a public forum!

I'll get Chris's for 11.30
He lives up a one way road I think so a good few turning up at same time may be a mission done know what you think andy lomas?

I'll pm people who look to be wanting to camp a postcode and directions.

There is a pub car park almost right next door to CJs house if people want go check on Google maps, may be easier??

I'll be leaving Edinburgh way early on Friday, hopefully make it be 11h30.

I had thought about that karl, The pub car park sounds a good idea as I'm sure we won't be the only ones there. I'll have a word with Claire tomorrow and report back.

My condolences Claire. Chris was such a wonderful and helpful chap.
I won’t make it to the funeral.
I am thinking of Chris today, because we are staying the night at a campsite in Alpirsbach in the Black Forest. You both travelled here and took motorbikes.
Chris recommended the campsite to me and not just for the free abbey beer included arrival :).
The land cruiser convoy will be such a fitting send off

Back