Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clear side repeaters

madmanmart

Anyone know where I can locate some clear side repeaters for my 80?
The old orange ones are looking a little tied.

Anyone know where I can locate some clear side repeaters for my 80?
The old orange ones are looking a little tied.

You can bring the old ones up quite well with a bit of elbow grease if you want to keep them. I'll post a pic of mine when I do them it's a small item on my big list so gives me an excuse to get them done lol

I've got some but not fitted them yet. Came from eBay.

I think roughtrax sells them too! At least for the 90... Should be the same on the 80?

You can bring the old ones up quite well with a bit of elbow grease if you want to keep them. I'll post a pic of mine when I do them it's a small item on my big list so gives me an excuse to get them done lol

Believe it or not toothpaste is about the mildest abrasive you can get and so should be good for polishing up old lenses .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would recommend arm and hammer then. The best tooth paste i have ever used. You can feel the little gritty bits wearing away the enamel, i mean cleaning your teeth..

For badly misted polycarbonate headlamps, I’ve had good results with a mild cutting compound (had some 3M on the shelf) on foam with a random orbital, followed by a good waxing to protect from UV damage.

For badly misted polycarbonate headlamps, I’ve had good results with a mild cutting compound (had some 3M on the shelf) on foam with a random orbital, followed by a good waxing to protect from UV damage.

Yep its the UV which buggers them up, the Collie H/lights and the Yaris have been affected the same way,

The UV is defo the killer. Here in Florida everyone has that dull look headlights. I'm kinda glad now to have the old school glass headlight lenses.

Thanks Dave, was looking how to deal with the cloudy lights in the wifes rav4
Will give this a try

Yep, this is the reason the kit came about, ultra violet light damages the plastic.

Regards

Dave

Back