Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clive's HZJ80

Took some weekend visitors for a ride on the ‘Ridge-Run’ today.

Uneventful (almost) as usual, beautiful day, no photos, they’ve all been posted before... :lol:

I say almost because when we got back, I noticed I’d lost one of the caps from the stub shaft (or whatever it’s called)

C2B59AFF-C46C-45DB-997B-0754EFDBE818.jpeg

When it should look like this...

E3CE4076-68B3-4A85-BEA6-401036C7E9DC.jpeg

Firstly, can anyone suggest what made it pop off? It’s been on there for a couple of years or 3 since the CVs were replaced, I’m certain I did nothing on the offroad trip to dislodge it.

Secondly, does anyone have a replacement, or know if they're still available from Mr T?

Gotta get some protection on it ASAP, before any grit gets in there.

Cheers

Check there is no excessive movement on the shaft Clive... But saying that if there was you would have more than just a Cap Pop off!... It could have got Knocked off, Rock/Stump etc if you'v been off roading, Or some ones Knicked it Mate

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Check there is no excessive movement on the shaft Clive... But saying that if there was you would have more than just a Cap Pop off!... It could have got Knocked off, Rock/Stump etc if you'v been off roading, Or some ones Knicked it Mate

Cheers Higgy, it looks like the only movement is the mm or 2 allows by the ‘C’ clip...
I suppose it could have been an errant rock bouncing off the track... I’ll never know I suppose.
Surprising how deep those caps are considering the shaft only protrudes 10mm or so...

All sorted,

a n d...

I treated me and the Truck to a new winch today :wtf:

No photos as yet, ‘cos its dark...

Superwinch “Talon” with 25 m of dyneema and a new hook to boot. :lol:

Got myself a wireless remote as well, to compliment the cable remote.

Oil and filters change as well, at 436k kms, all ready for our beach holiday next week, and of course the UK posse arriving the week after.... :dance::dance::dance:

Spotted this approaching just in time to get a photo after it scrolled over...

D2BD09C9-DBE3-4B1D-80B4-6B3EB959A34B.jpeg

Still racking them up... :lol:

And remembering @Chris saying mine wasn’t a real 80 because it had drum brakes at the rear, well I’ve done something about that...

F4369EA5-F043-473B-A245-62352F4B88E5.jpeg

This was a work-in-progress photo, now it’s fitted...

You know if I really did say that Clive ...

I mean it.

Now you only have to fix the wrong back doors

:laughing-rolling:

You know if I really did say that Clive ...

I mean it.

Now you only have to fix the wrong back doors

:laughing-rolling:

.... and the wrong engine, wrong dash, wrong heater controls, la, la, la ....:doh::lol:

Looks good mate , be interesting to hear how much difference it makes because i've always felt rear brakes aren't given much credit and tend to be neglected .

It’s quite amazing Shayne, it’s never bothered me because it’s always been as it was, but the difference is very noticeable. Not only under heavy braking, but even at normal city speeds, it’s just a touch now, instead of a press...

Very pleased with the result...

All I need now is a handbrake cable, silly sods supplied us with the wrong one...

Don‘t care anyway, we‘re off to the beach tomorrow :lol:

I’ve replaced one of the rear passenger doors, with a less-rusty one...

For the record... 462 k km - Recently had a spending spree on the truck...

new PS juice reservoir - tired of the leak from a crack where the mount braket meets the can..
new CVs - went for genuine, whatever that means (photos....€ ouch)
replaced the screaming alternator belts with a genuine matched pair
all oils (and filters) replaced, engine, g/box, t/f box, both axles
breezed through the annual ITP (MOT) - test guy taken by surprise by how good the brakes work now

Attachments

• 16FF2DE3-14D9-46A3-B963-3AE318039B2B.jpeg
    16FF2DE3-14D9-46A3-B963-3AE318039B2B.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 24
  • E96FFE67-3FA5-4917-A4EE-5251CC2E314D.jpeg
    E96FFE67-3FA5-4917-A4EE-5251CC2E314D.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back