Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clunking noise when breaking

Thanks again for the help - threadloc on order!

On another note, where do I go about finding all the various torque specs? Is there a library / document I can download from somewhere?

AGM

IIRC there are still some places you can download the FSM, it may even be here on LCC?

regards

Dave

Thanks again for the help - threadloc on order!

On another note, where do I go about finding all the various torque specs? Is there a library / document I can download from somewhere?

AGM
Service manuals are here

Nice one Clive, I had left my glasses in the car/van and was struggling to type the post about the FSM's, let alone start looking for them.

regards

Dave

I spent ages trying to find them Dave, found an old thread using the search, which had a link in it, so that link took me to where they're hiding :lol:

I spent ages trying to find them Dave, found an old thread using the search, which had a link in it, so that link took me to where they're hiding :lol:
Then there only seems to be body and chassis repair manuals. And it won't let me have them without being a supporter. Is that all that's available?:think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one Clive, I had left my glasses in the car/van and was struggling to type the post about the FSM's, let alone start looking for them.

regards

Dave

What........you found my glasses Clive? <snigger>

Seriously, good work. If the US versions are no good, I have a full copy of FSM's on the HD, perhaps I could email the specific one needed? PM me?

regards

Dave

What........you found my glasses Clive? <snigger>

Seriously, good work. If the US versions are no good, I have a full copy of FSM's on the HD, perhaps I could email the specific one needed? PM me?

regards

Dave

You got me there a treat Dave, thought you were talking about looking for the manuals!

Usually, when I'm looking for my glasses, my daughter finds them, pushed up on my forehead :lol:

I've got the manuals for the early 80. I'll upload them to my site and post the links. In the meantime here is the torque settings for the brakes...

Brake Torque Settings.jpg Front Brake Components.jpg Rear Brake Components.jpg

Last edited:
Am I missing it but I cannot see front calliper to axle casing on there?

Are you referring to the bolt on the diagram going into the calliper at a torque of 90 ft-lb (123 N-m)?

I copper slip every bolt that comes off. Bolts this size I allways nip up with the 18" bar. Never had a problem.

It doesn't seem to be in the list, but it's there on the exploded view.

Back