Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Code reader

Kieron

Country Flag
uk
Hi all
Can anyone recommend a cheap code reader that'll work with my 2004 100 series diesel?
Cheers

Buy a OBDC cable off eBay and download the Toyota TechStream . Works for a few of us. Can be a little tricky setting up but once working it’s great. IH8MUD has a lot of info on how to use. Great for setting options too.

I've just checked this out Toyota tech Stream is it free or do yiu have to pay the €300 ??

I popped the number in but it came up with a seller not selling anything right now

1662718794149.png

That's what you should be seeing on ebay.co.uk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just don't run these hacked/cracked versions of techstream on your main computer that you use for internet, banking etc. Dedicate an old laptop to it if you can.

Many thanks . Do you know of one which is safe to use on my mobile phone that I use for everything else in life. But thanks for the tips

Don't know about the 100, but never had any success with generic Bluetooth obd readers/apps on my 2006 120....

Maybe I should buy a code reader cutting out the app and use of mobile phone etc

I've used torque (app) with a generic code reader without issues on newer stuff, but that's not going to help much if the vehicle doesn't have odb2.

I tried Torque on my 2004 recently and it wouldn't connect. OBD Fusion connected ok for basic code reading and reset. I use Techstream on a Windows tablet but I was curious what was available from the Andriod OBD apps and a BT dongle.

Back