Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Coleman

Damn it's huge

That's making me want one even more now.

coleman 414 and 424 stacked.jpg

Hmmmmm......Just had a look at my Coleman and it has a higher BTU rating than either if those. 11500 main burner and 9500 secondary burner. The overall size is slightly smaller than the 'standard' version in the link but the burners are huge. It must be well over 10 years old now. It's this one...http://www.touring-gear.com/products/Coleman-2-Burner-Dual-Fuel-Stove.html The chromed grid glows red hot when the burner(s) is on full blast and melted an aluminium pan on it the second time I used it.

Yes there does seem to be some confusing data here. But, they're all good. So no worries.

Mine makes the grill glow too.

I have one :icon-biggrin: just need to fuel it and cook everything on it for the next few days lol

20150805_170928_resized.jpg

Had a chance to fire it up yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do they use petrol? I always thought they ran on kerosene.

Unleaded petrol or Colemans own Unicorn tears.

Do they use petrol? I always thought they ran on kerosene.

Are you thinking about Tilley lamps and stoves? They burn paraffin and are very reliable but can be a bit of a faff to light though. Still got a Tilley lamp, must be over 40 my ears old now but I haven't seen the stove for years. JMO

Had a chance to fire it up yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah had it fired up, no big flames etc just a nice hot stove, did some nice burgers and such things on it.
Running on super unleaded as all I've got lol.
Very happy with it

Right, for all you Colemanites out there, a bit of news on the stove. No pictures which make it a bit rubbish so close your eyes and just imagine.

I was camping in Scotland this weekend when my stove pissed on me. I was just putting the burner away when it squirted a jet of fuel at me. I checked the burner know and it was off. I tipped it and it pissed again. So I unscrewed the cap to let the pressure out and that stopped it. I carry a range of spares at home and figured it might be time to dig some of them out.

This morning I took the generator assembly to bits. It's easy to do but be careful as there are delicate components on there. Basically the on off valve was gooked up and so was the long needle that goes down the main pipe. I used wire wool and the airline and it was as clean as new. Inside the long main pipe there is a spring. That was clogged too. So all cleaned reassembled and filled. I wasn't' having any problem with it burning but I had noticed that the MPG had down quite a bit. I pressurised it, cracked the valve and nothing seemed to come out. Before there had been a jet of fuel. I stuck a lighter in front and tried again. Very clearly there fuel but with no air mix it wouldn't light. I put the burner into the stove and tried again. Jeez, what a difference. Now she's cooking.I am going to follow Gary's idea and get some super unleaded. See what that goes like. Supermarket cheap petrol clearly isn't very refined. So what does it do inside your engine?

I've also noticed differences in petrol used in the Coleman. With super unleaded I get no hint of yellow in the flame I sometimes get with cheap unleaded which blackens the base of pans. I've never tried the Coleman fuel but isn't it supposed to burn even cleaner? Just a bit pricey compared to petrol.

I use Shell Vpower in the bike, not for more power although it did come out top in this respect in a test by the 5th Gear TV program but because it is (supposed) to burn cleaner.

Expensive doesn't cover it. It's nuts. But I guess probably the best fuel you could feed it. But one quick clean and it's back to its former glory. Going to get some super fuel though. Also going to try it in the quad.

Good job no flames around when it sprayed you Chris!

Used mine a few times now and so happy I bought one. I'll prob only ever use super unleaded as I run the 80 on it. I bought a 1 litre fuel bottle just to make re fueling easy (i have to consider the 5 year old running around when camping)

So pleased I just went out and cleaned the other one! It wasn't as bad actually. But now roaring again.

Back