Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise control....??

Oh yes, well in that case like mentioned above, I reckon it should be even easier to work. The right ECU + the right stalk for the steering wheel. If it's like many other toyota's it'll probably have one of those stubby stalks below the normal stalks on the steering wheel outer plastic area.

Waiting with interest to see how this goes

Right then. Stalk fitted from a 90 series petrol. Steering wheel plug was simple, removed horn wire and plugged in CC stalk wire and horn connector. My clock spring supports the plug with 4 pins, on the column side I only have 3 wires, I need a diagram to see where the go? 1 is the horn, the 4th wire(3rd) on the stalk I put to earth and now when I press the on button the Cruise light in the dash appears but no cruise control.. yet!!

IMAG2090.jpg IMAG2091.jpg IMAG2094.jpg

Pictured is how the wiring is which the exception of the white/blk stripe wire I have took to ground.

Any ideas?

IMAG2097.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks brilliant, that is really good news that most of the loom appears to be in place at this stage.
Sorry cant help re the wiring but if it works then it works.

Mine is auto so no clutch pedal. I currently studying wiring loom diagrams! I prefer making things to electrics! Ha ha.

You should find that activation of the brake lights cancels the Cruise Control

We have On/off, set, resume and accelerate all working! However it's not as the stalk shows, push up is on/off, pull up to set, push down to resume/accelerate. Will try and resolve this or might be the case I need to two stalk as they different internally.

Result! Great work..Can you post the part number of the stalk by any chance, as I want to do this myself seeing as how it is that simple!

Result! Great work..Can you post the part number of the stalk by any chance, as I want to do this myself seeing as how it is that simple!

I'm thinking of using a stalk of a spare 80 24V steering wheel as it looks to be the same. Well done Danny, be interesting to see what needs to be done to make it function correctly.

Great news. I would imagine for all those interested you could probably use any similar toyota stalk.... Just wondering, how much for the oem stalk?

My stalk is from a 2000 petrol model. It has 3 wires, I am tempted to try a 2 wire stalk just to see knowing the system now works.

Modded the cap for the steering wheel too. OEM one looks home made so nothing to loose.

IMAG2101.jpg

Have tried every wire combination and still can't get it operating as indicated on the stalk, however it's working and fully functional. I can only assume it the circuit inside the stalk as would normally be used with a CC ecu and a throttle actuator.
Anyway here is final result.
Thanks for everyone's input along the way.

IMAG2104.jpg

Best of luck Andy,
Looking online at stalks, it seems Toyota only made one stalk for cruise between about 1995 and 2004. I would imagine any stalk from the era would possibly work. Now to track down the clutch pedal switch and I'm in too!

Back