Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruiser for Hire in Oz - interested?

Leigh

My partner and I are looking to move back to London from Oz and are in the process of deciding whether to sell our 2005 120 Cruiser or to hire it out to those interested in doing trips to Oz.

The LC has even fitted out for overlanding (including a 47 litre water tank, fridge, secure storage, luggage barrier, mains power hook-up, 240v power inverter, swing away wheel carrier, roof rack and bag etc.) and it has done about 90,000 miles and is generally in very good condition. Given the audience here, I thought it would be one of the best places to gauge interest.

If anyone is interested in doing a trip to Oz in the next year or so, let me know either by responding here or PM me and I can send you more details.

Leigh

Last edited:
Nice idea - where is it based?

Insurance and handling breakdowns/damage could be an interesting question though.

Thanks Grant. Based in Melbourne but can potentially arrange collection from Sydney or Brisbane if desired. We have a vehicle insurance and breakdown policy that we will make sure covers any potential drivers before confirming the hire. We can also provide all necessary camping etc. equipment so that you don't have to bring it with you.

Out of interest, if you were going to sell how much would you be looking for?

Paul - I might be interested in selling in January. If you're interested, send me a PM and I can give you the details. Still travelling at the moment so may be a bit slow to respond (this message is a case in point!)

Hi, I may be off to Melbourne in sept/October 2014 how are ideas of rental shaping up?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I hope you keep this up Leigh ... though I'm not likely to be back in Oz inside the next 18 months.

Thanks Grant - hopefully there is enough interest to keep it going. The cost of sending your own vehicle to Oz (and then back home) is often prohibitively expensive. If we can provide the car and the camping equipment etc. then hopefully it will mean that more people can travel around Oz other than on a Greyhound Bus!

Back