Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CT12b turbo help.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hi all.
I've got an 80 but now the proud owner of a 4x4 coaster. It came naturally aspirated but I'm turbocharging it.
I've got the factory manifold to suit a CT12b turbo which I believe the Prados had but I'm in need of some little bits. ..
I need the piping on the turbo that supplies coolant and the air intake elbow to the turbo.
I would also be interested to know if a 3" dump is available for these .
Can anyone help.

You should find a stainless flange to have 3" dump pipe made up easy enough

1596705784990.png

I think the turbo is oil and water cooled .

The old Nissan bus was near finished when i Found the 4x4 so the Nissan is going.
got the gearbox reconditioned for the toyota had it installed and the engine wouldnt fire due to the injector pump. Because of the location it’s an engine out job so I figured it’s a good time to turbo it.

Attachments

• A5B48FBF-B7DF-461F-9E1A-B5BACCBE9B7A.jpeg
    A5B48FBF-B7DF-461F-9E1A-B5BACCBE9B7A.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 9795291C-BE98-4776-B0CB-CA71F8FE183A.jpeg
    9795291C-BE98-4776-B0CB-CA71F8FE183A.jpeg
    492.9 KB · Views: 56
  • AF2506D0-D4E1-45C5-B49E-E6D25ED7D4D5.jpeg
    AF2506D0-D4E1-45C5-B49E-E6D25ED7D4D5.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 80CFEC04-1450-47E3-AB57-AEE7DF503E89.jpeg
    80CFEC04-1450-47E3-AB57-AEE7DF503E89.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 66
You should find a stainless flange to have 3" dump pipe made up easy enough

View attachment 167537

I think the turbo is oil and water cooled .

Hi Shane. I have to take the oil for the turbo from some existing plugs in the block and drain to a fitting put in the sump.
I think I just need someone who has a scrap turbo to take the coolant pipes off. Brilliant I'll hunt down a flange and find someone to fab it up.
Cheers for the help.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@hopeless wanderer did you ever find the stainless flange? I'm trying to get a 3 inch turbo back system and laser cutting to suit is the current option. I'm looking for something off the shelf...

@Shayne don't suppose that you would know where to look for the flange?

Ebay used to be the place because i think Supra's or the MR2 used the same turbo but a quick look says none available now .

The gasket is a template so im sure i could make one if i messed about all day with a grinder and a drill , pro steel cutters will do it for fun in lunch break .

Cheers Shayne, I'll stick with the original plan of having it cut.

Sorry, In the end i bought a manifold from a hilux surf just to move things on. If you're getting one cut PM me the price and i'll chip in towards the costs.
My bus has turned into a bit of a money pit and I'm paying others to do what I'd normally do myself as I'm trapped where I am due to Covid restrictions

No worries and will do.

Spoke to overland cruisers today and they said that there's more UK demand for the 1HD turbo than 1KZ hence no off the shelf flanges.

Great work, Can you link me to the one in NZ please. Oddly enough that's exactly where i need it to be.

Thanks Shayne. Found that earlier and another one from NZ. A lot more demand in the Southern Hemisphere

Great work, Can you link me to the one in NZ please. Oddly enough that's exactly where i need it to be.
@hopeless wanderer CT12B Dump Pipe Flange 1KZTE - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Can also vouch for Kaiapoi Repowers. They did my injectors and fitted a stainless snorkel. Plenty of other mods available.

Where you based?

Brilliant ! Thanks a lot. The Bus is up North but it'll be rolling eventually.

Back