Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dammit why have I not got a garage.

I always work on the moto if you want or need something buy it :thumbup: Have you got the room for a garage? Concrete prefab arnt to expensive.When i was going to double the size of mine at home i was going to buy a couple off ebay really cheap and make the size i wanted. Really just got the cost of the concete base then.

Or

If you havnt the room or cant afford to buy or build then just rent somewhere :thumbup: Everyones right though,the more room you have the more it gets filled with junk. We always need more :thumbdown:

Karl

We always need more

Whats that Karl, space or junk? :D

I have a prefab building available to me, but it has basic electrics, ie: socket but no lights.
It was in there that I removed, stripped and rebuilt my motor, but it's a mile from home and difficult to keep using it.

I don't have enough room at home to actually build a garage....or do I?
It would just be nice to start a job on the car and then go indoors...and just leave all the gear and tools where they are, and go back and pick up wheer I left off...rather than, carrying all I need to do the job, up from the shed in the back garden, and then carrying it all back down again when I want to pack up....and then the rain comes down again and I have to stop work......so frustrating.

Back on the weather issue, it peaked over 40C here this weekend and it's been in the mid 30's since the beginning of June. I would gladly take a few days of your rain if that's any consolation!

It's too hot for manual work, but we pay for it in the winter, regularly less than -10/15C.

I had a 5 x 7 m garage before I left the UK, it was too easy to clutter it up, but I miss it like crazy :| I learned to be ruthless with the "junk".

My dad had garages, sheds and more garages and sheds with tons of [strike:291636dp]Useful one day if there is a war type stuff[/strike:291636dp]. We have been clearing it all for the last few months, lots of it was valuable and easy to sell on eBay, lots was in good nick when stored away but 40+ years has taken its toll.

So garages are nice but junk needs to be kept under control!

I need to raise my garage roof as the 70 is a tight fit through the door, but the thoughts of an extra floor with addition man stuff storage makes it an expensive option.

Back