Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

deer v Toyota

Roe deer. Capreolus capreolus.
Going for it by the look of things.

Chris

That it be or Chevreuil as they are known around here - They are all coming out now as the hunting season finished a few days ago - I saw 6 on the edge of the forest when taking the pooches for a walk this morning! Clearly our local Chass missed them all over the winter!
Steve

Yes, amazing how they all know. It must be on Facebuck :laughing-rolling:

Chris

FACEBUCK your a funny guy Chris ,thinking of going to Chatsworth fair this year - thats not far from you Chris,is it any good/have you been to it at all :think: ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pete, I wouldn't bother. Chatsworth isn't a game fair, it's actually a country fair. There is a difference. A country fair is just a licensed car boot sale where people sell things at higher than normal prices and charge you a ridiculous amount to get in. You may see some country pursuits, but no gun maker's row or anything like that. Midland game fair is the best in my view.

Chris

And another this afternoon - good call from the deer, at full breaking it would have been squished!

close call

Steve

Almost got wiped out by a deer a few months back on the A819 Inverary to Loch Awe. Damn thing jumped out from the trees around 30yds in front of me. No problem in the LC maybe but I was on the bike giving it some. How I missed it I'll never know! Shudder to think what the result of a collision would have been. A Human/Venison pate`maybe!! Arrrrgghh! Shoot the buggers.

Many moons ago, my mate hit a little Muntjac on his LC350 - wiped the bike out completely and said mate had a few days in hospital - luckily muntjac's don't exist around here, Fallow and Roe are plentiful, but its the wild boar who make the biggest mess of your car !

Steve

Back