Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diff breather/leaking pinion seals

Oli.g

Country Flag
england
Hi everyone,

I had a 2nd hand rear diff fitted, as my previous one had worn bearings. The seal on the diff fitted leaked straight away but was fine on the car it came off, so after a bit of searching online i read about diff breathers blocking so ive bought a breather extender kit off milner. As i was about to fit it tonight ive realised, im either missing the breather or ive got a different one fitted,(tube with hole?) it was blocked up woth mud so cleaned it out best i could, but there doesnt seem to be a way to remove it as its either rounded or cant unscrew, i need to fit a new diff seal but im worried itll leak again if i dont replace the breather

Anyone with a colorado had a similar issue? What ways around it without buying an axle?

Thank you

Hi Oli, any chance you can put up a couple of photos of the issue?

There are 2 breathers on the axle one on the top and one for the diff lock actuator. The one on the top just screws in

This is the axle breather https://www.roughtrax4x4.com/genuine-toyota-axle-breather.html

rams004_new1.jpg

If the nut is rounded i would assume you could use a chisel/screwdriver and a hammer to make it turn .

Thank you for the help/replies.

This is the thing i thought was the diff breather? Where abouts is the other one?
Thanks for the help i appreciate it

received_2479289409004843.jpeg

Sorry for the poor photo, the thing i thought was the breather is the "bolt" below the 2 cables to the right of the pic

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back