Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diff lock switch sensor - pattern part?

jjsaul

Country Flag
uk
Has anyone got any links on where to get these from? Just been trawling the net and trying to do cross referencing of part numbers and I can only find them in the US. Apparently they are the same as a reverse light switch off a lot of Toyota cars?
I potentially need 2 and don't want to be paying full price for the 'diff lock switches' at £70 each!
To clarify it's the little grey 2 pin connector ones that sit in the axle I need NOT the dash board switch.

I'll sort you a couple out at the right money James. I'm surprised you haven't rang or messgaged lol.

Just worth checking them with a bulb and battery to make sure they're working. For such a simple part they are very prone to failure. I don't know if it's water ingress or what, but I'd replaced a fair few.

Just worth checking them with a bulb and battery to make sure they're working. For such a simple part they are very prone to failure. I don't know if it's water ingress or what, but I'd replaced a fair few.

Yep a couple here as well, they have an alloy washer which should keep the elements out.

Regards

Dave

Cheers. Will do that later - I'm hoping to get my seized bolt remains out today!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If we’re talking about the detent switches that register the “locked” confirmation dash light, only the CDL on mine has worked since ownership 12 years ago.

It doesn’t appear to affect operation, because for a fact, all 3 of my lockers work, in the order that Mr.T intended, i.e. CDL first, rear DL second, then front DL last.

This confirms to me that the front DL is not dependent on the rear DL having registered “Lock” before its energized. JMHO...

For this reason, I’ve never bothered to replace mine. The rear detent switch works, but the terminal connectors to the loom rotted away years ago, so its not connected to anything, nor is it bypassed with any added connector.

Back