Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diff Lock

plume

Country Flag
switzerland
Hi guys
My 2001 prado is fitted with a LSD rear diff system which is no good for off road.
I have been looking at the ARB system and the Eaton Elocker.
Eaton from what i understood seems to be the most
practical but less popular and difficult to find an agent in europe.
Can someone please give some advise on these lockers
Thank you
plume

No idea about the aftermarket lockers you mention Plume nor the LSD but it might be useful to you to know all UK Colorado's have a rear diff lock as standard . UK Colorado is the same 90 series Landcruiser as the Prado 90 just with different spec . Is your Prado is a 90 series ?

Hi shayne
My landcruiser is a kdj95 -D4D engine
Regards plume

i was going for a front ELocker for my 120 series,i could only get one from Australia
decided against it because the locker disengages when you reverse
you could buy a 2nd hand 90 back axle with original locker

An axle swap with a uk collie might be an option but I guess your unlikely to find one Switzerland

I think the UK was the exception rather than the rule for some reason. Irish trucks have LSD back axle despite being in the only other European RHD market. I have no idea why. That and UK rear axle are exposed to a lot of salt, so maybe an aftermarket locker might be the only option plume..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi guys
Thankyou all for your comments, looks like my only option will have to go
for a ARB system .
Regards Plume.;)

Hi Plume, did you end up installing an aftermarket rear locker on your LSD? Mine is an imported Prado with LSD, I know the whole rear axle needs to be swapped to use the UK Colorado locker.

Did you manage to find more information on the Eaton locker?

Back