Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do I

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Finish off the Penderyn or start one of theses Macallan, Bushmills, Juna or cheap Grouse?

Paul

Macallan gives bad hangovers, I went to school about 1/2 a mile from the distillery, across River spey!

Juna? do you mean Jura!? thats a smooth easy drinking one!

we have been on Tobermory!
and a few pints from the Deeside brewery - got 20 litres of beer delivered from them in mini-casks!

Opps Yes Jura. I will try it next, as long as it is not sweet it will be ok. As for the Macallan, well I never get hangovers from single malts!!

Paul

Ardbeg Corryvrekken..... best present I gave myself :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Go for the Penderyn and let me know what it's like. I tried the Yamazaki last year as an alternative to Scotch. Wow. Fantastic. I favour the lighter whiskey myself. Not into serious peat and certainly not the iodine of the Western Isles. Anything Islay, you can keep.
Quite happy on the banks of the Spey thank you

Chris

The Penderyn is a dry woody taste. It is not my first bottle. I will pick up some more when I am next passing.

Paul

where is "Penderyn" from? Wales?

quote "well I never get hangovers from single malts" - try drinking half a bottle of the stuff.... I still find Highland park turns my stomach :( :oops: :cry: :x

my wife likes Laphoraig... far too peaty for me,
but don't mind Ardbeg or Bowmore, or Bunnahadhhainahhe.... however you spell it....even though they are from Islay too, like Laphoraig
my "locals" are Ardmore, Glen Gairoch & Glendronach & Knockdu
all within about 10-15miles of home.... now can i get them to plumb into my kitchen tap!

and no i'm not a Scot, but Yorkshire born!

Yep, Wales. Sounds nice. The whisky that is. Oh, and Wales

C

Andy, I use to drink it by the bottle!! That is why I like it. I just do not drink much at all now.

As for the Bushmills, I have tried it and just do not like it.

Onto another in a bit.

Penderyn is Welsh, but nice.

Paul

Got three on the go at the moment, Strathisla, Glenkinchie and my favourite a Glenmorangie Lasanta.

Well then im a vodka man but would like to try some wiskeys. The only time ive had wiskey is at a burns night that we tipped over the haggis but it nearly burnt all my nasal hair off :lol: , so any suggestions for a newbie wiskey drinker.

Joe

silvercruiser said:
Well then im a vodka man but would like to try some wiskeys. The only time ive had wiskey is at a burns night that we tipped over the haggis but it nearly burnt all my nasal hair off :lol: , so any suggestions for a newbie wiskey drinker.

Joe

Yes, try as many as you can. I am still finding ones I like after 20 years and some I don't like :o

Paul

Mrs Trev got me an 18 year Laphroaig which is divine, the nurses from my volunteer driving got me a 12 year Balvenie Doublewood which I am looking forward to. Out of desperation in the supermarket earlier in the week and against my better judgement I bought myself an 18 year Glenlivet, had one dram and it's rough as anything.

I love the heavier western stuff, Talisker,Lagavulin and Oban but also like the Edradour from Pitlochery

Finished off an 18 year old Glenlivet last night and will be starting a nice bottle of 10 year old Jura this evening!

I must be in the minority, i really cant stand whiskey, even the smell makes me feel sick.

Now Rum.........that another matter :thumbup:

I find Glenlivet very sugary, Glenfidich is for people who know nothing about whisky in my view. One of the greatest branding successes of all time.
I do love Oban, but anything from the Glenmorangie stable is fine by me. I have a bottle of the Madeira cask sitting on the shelf that I daren't open. It would be gone in a night.
I have tried to get on with the real iodine one, like Laphroaig etc, but I just can't. I really have tried, but it's like medicine.

I had a limited Glenrothes once, that was nice too. Nice, light and honey nosed. I would like to try this Penderyn that's for sure. If you do ever see Yamazaki cheap (sometimes you get it reduced as it's slow moving stock) do try it. I was amazed. You'd think that somehow Japanese whisky would be really odd, somehow like Saki or something. Well, it's not. It's fantastic. Like a very very fine single malt from Scotland.

Chris

Back