Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do I

Well as for Glenmorangie, I give a bottle of that away after one drink. Just do not like it.

Paul

Paul, save the next one for me fella. There's a good chap. We could do swapsies next time I get something I don't like!

C

Got to say I'm impressed with the range of tastes on this thread and not one mention of the henious crime of adding orange cordial :lol:

Only if it's Bells. OK OK sorry, I know we shouldn't swear, or Grouse on here.

C

Whisky is a relatively new thing for me. I don't really know s**t and probably haven't tried anywhere near enough to know what my preference really is. I reckon it takes a while to 'align' your palate and start to be able to discriminate between the different regional tastes. My default drink and still a favourite is rum of which Flor De Cana is my number one - neat over ice :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i cant stand bushmills either - it tastes like Jack Daniels

might be driving through dufftown tomorrow, and skiing/ski mountaineering on Ben Rhinnes...
so passing a load of distillerys on the 45min drive there:

Balvenie, Singleton, Glenfiddich, Mortlach, Glenallachie, Glendullan, Pittyvaich, Dufftown, Allt a'Bhainne, Ben Rhinnes

and only had tipples of 4 of them!

bottle of Tobermory running low, so may have to grab a bottle of speyside tomorrow!

always have a bottle of Bells on the go, for making hot toddies! and medicinal purposes

Didn't get any for xmas this year which is unusual :( I do have a bottle of Bruichladdich, Aberlour, Balvenie Doublewood, Balvenie Founder's Reserve, Lagavulin, Singleton and Chivas Regal to be going on with though :mrgreen:

Paul_Humphreys said:
silvercruiser said:
Well then im a vodka man but would like to try some wiskeys. The only time ive had wiskey is at a burns night that we tipped over the haggis but it nearly burnt all my nasal hair off :lol: , so any suggestions for a newbie wiskey drinker.

Joe

Yes, try as many as you can. I am still finding ones I like after 20 years and some I don't like :o

Paul

Ok cheers Paul il start round my grandads he has a nice collection :lol:

Well to drag this topic up ive just won a bottle of Ballentines in the raffle to has anyone had this is it worth trying or do i put it back in the next raffle :?:

Joe

Back