Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do you think ?

joinerman

Garage
Asil Nadir has been given 10 years for nicking 29 million from his polly peck empire, so with good behavior he'll be out in 5 years if not before, do you think you could do five years for 29 million when you get out ?

Hell Yes. Good behaviour he will be out in two years no dout.

I reckon he'll be out in less than that, and that's not a bad rate of pay - doubt they'll recover any of those assets ...

Could well be. !8 months then some time on tag. I didnt fully understand it on the radio.From what i understood he stole money from his own compay??????? Did that mean he was limited and moved money behind tax?

Not sure what he expected would happen. He was on the run for a long time and returned to the UK.... he must have struck up a deal, but I still dont get why he came back...

For him to return to UK, there must have been a back room deal.
Just some thing to "save face".

He probably didn't want to end up like Ronnie Biggs.

£29,000,000 that's a shed load of dosh, even if they recover half of it, then I still say he is quids in.

Who's actual money was it then,
Banks ?
investors ?
old ladies ?
crooks?
junkies ?
was it in part, Poly Pecks money, but government bound?
is that why they have been after him so much?

Five years would fly over with the thought of a few million waiting for you.
You could easy buy a lot of privileges and protection

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Polypeck at the time was a listed company on the FTSE100, I think the company went bust for somewhere in the region of 1.5 billion pounds, the 29 million he was charged with stealing were only cases the CPS thought they would win, I think the total he was accused of stealing originally was nearer 150 million. He brought a company that was a supplier to me in the the early eighties & stripped it bare of all assets & liquidated for what seemed like pure [strike:1r4a7yjn]greed[/strike:1r4a7yjn] business reasons.

No I couldn't do it. I have never been in trouble with the law and I never intend to. I love my freedom too much. I would also miss my family and my daughter growning up. I would also be racked with guilt and would feel terrible about the fact I had been so dishonest. That money could have kept 1000 people in jobs for a year or cleared the debts of 1000s of people and given them a greater quality of life.

Back