Dog guard and rear boot storage system build

AndyCook

I am in scotland
Apr 16, 2010
Old Rayne, Aberdeenshire
Garage
just come in from painting it - hammerite green smooth
need to get a spray can to do the mesh though - will take too long to paint that with a brush

suppose i could have got it powder-coated, i know a few places in Dyce that do that for offshore gear, and a mate gets his motorbike parts done with them

Ecoman

I am in scotland
Sep 8, 2010
Isle of Arran
I can highly recommend PPS Fiberglass (also powdercoaters) in Inverurie. I get all my bike and truck bits done there and its top quality work. :thumbup:

Ecoman

I am in scotland
Sep 8, 2010
Isle of Arran
They are on Harlaw Way off Harlaw Road. Find Tawse Tyres and drive down the road to the right of them. When you come to the T-junction, turn right and they are the last unit on the left.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Witham, Essex, United Kingdom
Garage
AndyCook said:
just come in from painting it - hammerite green smooth
need to get a spray can to do the mesh though - will take too long to paint that with a brush

suppose i could have got it powder-coated, i know a few places in Dyce that do that for offshore gear, and a mate gets his motorbike parts done with them
Don't waste your money :) Use a rad/mini roller :thumbup:

AndyCook

I am in scotland
Apr 16, 2010
Old Rayne, Aberdeenshire
Garage
thanks for info on powdercoaters location Ecoman, I know tawse tyres.
will think about them when i have made the sliders

Sae70 - roller - now thats a good idea for doing the mesh - less wastefull than a spray can, and i have some mini-rollers

AndyCook

I am in scotland
Apr 16, 2010
Old Rayne, Aberdeenshire
Garage
Phase1 of the boot system now done

finished off the drawer ends with 2mm treadplate, and added a metal corner strip just above the drawers to the load area.
boot_mar11.jpg

Phase2 - will start soon...
a removable packing/shelf system - mainly plywood based to surround fridge and hold lighter items.

Attachments

Ronanjordan

Jan 26, 2011
Just spotted what you on about there. Hard to spot tho!!!!

Looks cool!

I am thinking I might do the rear door trim in treadplate as the trim is marked/damaged from the last owner!

Going at mine again when I get home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks