Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dog guard and rear boot storage system build

just come in from painting it - hammerite green smooth
need to get a spray can to do the mesh though - will take too long to paint that with a brush

suppose i could have got it powder-coated, i know a few places in Dyce that do that for offshore gear, and a mate gets his motorbike parts done with them

I can highly recommend PPS Fiberglass (also powdercoaters) in Inverurie. I get all my bike and truck bits done there and its top quality work. :thumbup:

interesting - where are they in Inverurie? as thats only 15mins drive for me
I might get the rocksliders powdercoated when I have made them

They are on Harlaw Way off Harlaw Road. Find Tawse Tyres and drive down the road to the right of them. When you come to the T-junction, turn right and they are the last unit on the left.

AndyCook said:
just come in from painting it - hammerite green smooth
need to get a spray can to do the mesh though - will take too long to paint that with a brush

suppose i could have got it powder-coated, i know a few places in Dyce that do that for offshore gear, and a mate gets his motorbike parts done with them
Don't waste your money :) Use a rad/mini roller :thumbup:

thanks for info on powdercoaters location Ecoman, I know tawse tyres.
will think about them when i have made the sliders

Sae70 - roller - now thats a good idea for doing the mesh - less wastefull than a spray can, and i have some mini-rollers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
this is class, well done and I have a good idea the way I am going now

Phase1 of the boot system now done

finished off the drawer ends with 2mm treadplate, and added a metal corner strip just above the drawers to the load area.
boot_mar11.jpg

Phase2 - will start soon...
a removable packing/shelf system - mainly plywood based to surround fridge and hold lighter items.

Attachments

• boot_mar11.jpg
    boot_mar11.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 174
just ouccured to me.. if i had turned one of the pieces of treadplate upside down, the plates on each side would match....

Just spotted what you on about there. Hard to spot tho!!!!

Looks cool!

I am thinking I might do the rear door trim in treadplate as the trim is marked/damaged from the last owner!

Going at mine again when I get home.

Hi Andy

Did you get any further with your build and how is it holding up now?

Richie

Back