Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Don't miss Monday.

frank rabbets

Guru
Massive new rocket is taking off for the moon on Monday. It's 100 metres tall. About the same size as Saturn 5 rocket of the 60's which had the same energy as 2.5 million tons of TNT. The computers used had about the same power as a very early mobile phone with low battery. I used to watch these monsters take off live on the Tely.

Wouldn't it be a shame if it malfunctioned and landed on the Kremlin :whistle:

I remember being glued to the TV watching the early Apollo missions with my Dad. I'm certainly not a technophobe or "anti-science" but I just think all this space exploration is a mega expensive and pointless folly, given the problems our own planet is currently facing. Just my 2p.

Buy a few ambulances that petty cash .

Month ago i didn't take my old mate to the hospital because they kept promising an ambulance is on its way , 4 hours later it was to late .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TP is right. It takes so much energy to lift even a man to the moon the thought of building something up there is beyond imagination. NASA and Co must be employing the best brains in the world. They ought to be working out solutions to global warming and the problem of running out of resources.

Back