Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Door return latch

womble_

Country Flag
england
I'm not sure of the right terminology here so please bear with me.

Mrs Womble gets very frustrated with the doors not staying put while she descends to ground level. is there a way to stiffen up the ratchet mechanism so it doesn't swing back immediately?

thanks!

Does no one else have bruised shins! or have i asked a silly question

Called the check assembly (the bit that holds the door open). Not heard of any issues before but that means little. No idea if there is any maintenance one can perform other than a dollop of grease? The FSM may say different. For the front door on an 80 the part is 68610-60020 and runs at about £55 so not cheap ...

Thanks Gary! - now i know what's its called i should be able to do some more research.

I managed to snap one of these [a stupid story all by itself:lol: ] and yes very expensive for what it is.

But, I don't know that they do any holding of the door when open, I had thought it just a restraint :think:

I have found a solution in land-cruiser.ru forum, posted by member Grizvold.

The construction of Land Cruiser 80 check assembly is old, there are no rollers inside, just plastic that slides and wears out. In Landcruiser 100 the construction was changed, there are rollers inside, also couple stop positions, but the assembly does not fit to land cruiser 80 :(

So Grizvold has found, that check assembly from Daewoo Matiz (part number from Daewoo 96565187) fits same holes into Toyota doors, you just have to take the "leg" from Landcruiser 80 check assembly.

This is a picture, what I have done:

hmlyJSm.jpg

As the "leg" is the same from Toyota - now there is also just one fixed position, but it holds door fine :)
I have paid 40eur for a set of 4 brand new oem assemblies from Daewoo :shh:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
gytman,

that is an awesome find ... for 10EUR a door I'll definitely be giving that a go ! thanks for sharing.

Back