Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Double din satnav wanted

That looks like igo primo mapping. There are loads on ebay with everything you could ever want on them. Ive not long finished fitting the one my gf got me over christmas..

That's just it CG i just want something simple and tidy , a built in satnav that doubles as a reverse screen with a slot so i can insert an SD card to play music . They all sort of maybe mention these features but i can't see a card slot on any ?

Ive just fitted my double din sat/dvd player into the the 120.

Its an alpine s900 it came up on ebay with buy it now or best offer. i ended up getting it for £200 which i thought was pretty good. it does all what you want and it has a rear camera connection.

ive been watching a few that come up on eblag, if your not in a rush you can pick up a bargain.

That one you have listed,is to fit a certain car and would probably be a pain in the backside to finish in a normal double din slot.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes i have read loads about kenwood knowing they use garmin but the info i want just isn't there . The usb makes sense but does it have to stay there sticking out of the dash waiting for me to break it ?

They all seem to have a sd card slot from what i have seen.

Im not 100% but i think the sd card slots are for map updates only.

Shayne my apline has a usb lead that connects to the rear of the headunit that you can route anywhere you want.

That kind of confirms my doubts about the whole idea Joe . I need to find somewhere local that sells them for hands on experience of how it might work for me but i'm not having much luck with that .

Now that looks right CG there's a slot one side for map updates and on the other side another for SD media . My main interest in garmin is the points of interest which will show me where to camp but i imagine all have something similar ?

Well done Joe that's the very first product description that made any sense to me at all :thumbup: I last listened to the radio in my grans talbot sunbeam 30 or 40 years ago and i really don't care if my great great grandaughter would like to listen to her phone on my car stereo :lol:

Does it have reverse camera input?

It's not mentioned CG but i will be sending them some questions .

Does it have reverse camera input?

I just checked that, and cant see it in the tech spec.

but just shows from all our experience put together you can find exactly what you need.

Shayne i know what you mean about finding somewhere to actually see it in the flesh, incar audio centres are few and far between. thats why i stuck with alpine as i have always had good results even all the way back to my boyrace/bass inya face days. lol

this one does but again all comes down to how much you want to spend
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-audiovox-vme9725nav_p-31210.htm

Last edited:
If i can find the right one i can then shop around , my preference for nothing fancy is what makes it difficult , i'm on a windows 7 laptop right now and i switched updates off ages ago . Still its about 50 times more user friendly than Helen's all singing and dancing ipad air :icon-rolleyes:

Back