Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dpf

georg

Country Flag
mauritania
My Landcruiser 200 2014 diesel indicated Dpf full. i drove 50km at high speed as recommended and even performed a dpf regeneration with the dpf switch. The message is still there so I took the car to my garage where it was checked with a Computer. This indicated that one of the filters was ok and regeneration had worked on it but that the other was full and the regeneration had not worked. On one side the temperature had not risen enough to burn the particles (>500° celsius). How is it possible that regeneration works only on one of the two filters? The message is still there and my garage told me that becauae the regeneration is not working on one of the filters soon i will see other signs such as the dpf amber light and the engine check light. He suggests to install an emulator and bypass the filters. I use my car in west africa where diesel is of the heavier quality. Any advice and similar experience welcome. Many thanks georg

If you don't need to pass any actual emissions controls in West Africa, I'd advise to just remove the entire DPF stuff. It'll be a lot easier in the long run....

However if you need them, then I have no real experience with them. I know on some of the trucks my dad used to drive, they'd need to drive them on long motorway runs in order to get it up to temp. It's strange that one side is doing so and the other isnt....

Thanks. Yes i dont need to pass test here. So i will go for removal My garage here suggest to leave the filrers there, install emulator and drill two or three large holes through the filters in order to improve airflow.
Sounds good to me....

Back