Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drawer unit for 80 series

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
I will soon be getting the wall muncher back on the road so the green 80 will be going. I thought the drawer unit might be wanted by someone on the forum. I will be at Lincomb on Saturday if anyone wants to see it or even take it away with them. :think:
The person I bought it from ran a landscape gardening business and carried all sorts of gardening equipment in it, he had this custom made at a cost of £1000, :shock: I would like £200 but I'm open to offers.:pray: All steel construction, the drawer runs on large ball type bearings underneath, it was built to carry a large amount of weight so no runners to collapse. There is a swivel catch to prevent drawer coming out too far. Lockable turn handle with key.
The measurements are
Internal is 50" wide, 37" front to back, doh! forgot to measure the internal depth of drawer :doh:
External, 53" wide, 38" front to back.

With tailgate up you can see the height is level with the top.

DSCN0849.JPG

Tailgate down, unit is full width of door opening.

DSCN0850.JPG

R/Hand side there is a gap of about 4".

DSCN0851.JPG

L/Hand side there is a gap of about 4".

DSCN0852.JPG

Drawer open from L/H side.

DSCN0853.JPG

Drawer open from R/H side.

DSCN0854.JPG

Drawer open from rear.

DSCN0855.JPG

I covered the top surface with a non-slip lino type material that came from British Airways, I have a contact in their service dept, it's used in the galley area of the aircraft, the trimmed the edges with ally carpet edging.

DSCN0856.JPG

Are these drawers made from steel or ali. Is that boxes either side as well . i am interested in the drawers.
How are they mounted in the cruiser please

Yes they are all steel, mounted by bolting to the floor. Boxes either are to clear the wheel arches.

Hi Chas, if you remember I had asked you for 1st dibs on the drawers at the last Lincomb meeting as I had not bid against you on the ebay auction, to which you agreed. I'll leave it up to you.

Andy

Andy you cant buy the drawers as you wont fit the set of tyres in as well. :)

Hi Chas, if you remember I had asked you for 1st dibs on the drawers at the last Lincomb meeting as I had not bid against you on the ebay auction, to which you agreed. I'll leave it up to you.

Andy

Sorry Andy, I had forgotten, yours if you want them no commitments have been made yet.
PS
The drawer will take at least one of the tyres. :whistle:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No problems bringing the drawers to Lincomb they are fixed in the truck and would need to be removed there by someone, they are fairly heavy, a bit more than I can manage, I had to get them fitted for me by Julian V.

Back