Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Driving in France

If I knew I was going next year, I'd get one at the drop of a hat but its not so likely that we will be going...

But, seeing as its transferable, howsabout I borrow yours & see how I get one with it Andy :icon-wink:

Ohhhhh I like that idea. I'm off on the 9th of August if anyone has one I can borrow

hahha

they only cost a couple pints to buy and come next day delivery :icon-biggrin:

Its 39 euros for me to set one up as I can't use a Eurotunnel offer code which I don't suppose is too bad - gonna sleep on it :think:

Isn't some of that fee a refundable deposit Gav? Use it and return it? We skipped a lot of queuing using ours last year, well worth the money.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think my setup fee was 3 euro after the special discount.
To activate the discount I entered my booking confirmation code from the tunnel reservation but I might have entered it wrong and it still seemed to apply the discount ;)

I found a site which does them for Italy as well but it was not an official site. They had for all the EU countries but had crazy charges. The Italy one had a setup fee, and a "daily use" fee and then toll fees on top of it. I can only remember one or two toll roads on the trip in Italy so really not worth it.

Bit late, but I second AndyCook - the sanef toll thing is awesome. This year the wife flew down to the south of France and I drove three kids - this stopped me getting out and around the car at each any every toll booth. And most of the French don't seem to have them - it's lovely to speed right past the queues.

Just placed my order - now its up to our GPO service to get it to me before next Tuesday!!!

Got the badge in the post today. Might be pointless...
All express lanes are apparently limited to 2m. I have a roof box... ;(

I can still use it on the non-express lanes but is that then queuing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

no - there are other express lanes with a "t" which don't have height restriction
we had a rooftent so over 2m too

these days most of the lanes had tag sensor or cash, and some were tag only, so i would just choose a lane with no queue and no height restriction

In Summer some toll gates have the "height restriction curtains" open, the pic is a shot from the Nantes/Bordeaux toll booth, the Right hand one is for "T" only but the Left hand one has the Curtain removed, also to note a lot now have the 30kmh zones that are on the left but careful as you can not enter the Rest zones that are on the right.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 9.43.23 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 9.43.23 AM.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 93
yep - the 30kph lanes are good, as you dont even need to stop moving!

Thanks guys. Off tomorrow night so all set now....

Gosh, that was an momentarily alarming development about the height issues - good to see it was unfounded :)

Bonne voyage Cris - we head off next Tuesday B-)

Yup, same here....

Keep a lookout for me Gav. I'll be the 150 broken down by the side of the road....

Enjoy trip!

Have a good time Crispin:thumbup:watch out for the old boy joining in from the right

Back