Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EGR removal/blanking on 3.0 TD series

Does a faulty injector really make that noise - it sounds very mechanical :?.

Just check that the dip stick isn't bent and touching the crank before doing anything else (I've seen that happen before). Daft idea, I know :doh:.

Bob.

Forgot to ask knicko did you clean your throttle valve or butterfly valve when you done your egr blank as my engine sounds louder but used oven cleaner.

Yes I did clean the throttle body & both butterfly/shutdown valves when I had intake on bench. Used petrol and then brake cleaner with an old toothbrush. To be fair these didn't have too much sludge on them. Most of it was in the bores of the manifold and head.

Really not sure what your noise is caused by. Mine sounded similar for just a few seconds on initial start up after the EGR blanking and cleaning, but soon settled down to normal.

Are you sure you didn't get some dirt into the injectors/fuel pipes when you disconnected them?

Yes I did clean the throttle body & both butterfly/shutdown valves when I had intake on bench. Used petrol and then brake cleaner with an old toothbrush. To be fair these didn't have too much sludge on them. Most of it was in the bores of the manifold and head.

Really not sure what your noise is caused by. Mine sounded similar for just a few seconds on initial start up after the EGR blanking and cleaning, but soon settled down to normal.

Are you sure you didn't get some dirt into the injectors/fuel pipes when you disconnected them?
deffo not injectors as i found the turbo pipe from the manifold one of the clips had come loose and was letting vacume out hence wen driving around 2500rpm can here a sucking sound .
I replaced the clasp with jubilee clip and started up and my car was perfect again and all looked well till about two mins just like the first time when i done the egr valve but the noise is back again and sounds like a fan with its blades hitting something.
On my drive home tonight i was flooring it on open stretches and looking for smoke from the exhaust but none.
I still have the sucking sound from the turbo but still got full power.im puzzled as what is the sound and why am i hearing the turbo as pipe all tight.

Struggling here Tony because i have never had to play with my injectors , but i'm sure i have heard that same noise from my truck before :confusion-scratchh:
deffo not injectors as i found the turbo pipe from the manifold one of the clips had come loose and was letting vacume out hence wen driving around 2500rpm can here a sucking sound .
I replaced the clasp with jubilee clip and started up and my car was perfect again and all looked well till about two mins just like the first time when i done the egr valve but the noise is back again and sounds like a fan with its blades hitting something.
On my drive home tonight i was flooring it on open stretches and looking for smoke from the exhaust but none.
I still have the sucking sound from the turbo but still got full power.im puzzled as what is the sound and why am i hearing the turbo as pipe all tight.

car sounds very tapperty like old cars used to.
im puzzled shayne as to how fumes can cause this problem cos i have replaced everything and double checked.

Perhaps try turning the fuel up a touch . In my mind its diesel misfire , easy start or egr spray can produce a similar noise and both upset the timing .

I don't have good ears especially while trying to listen to a laptop but a whistling turbo is rarely something to worry about , it will be much more noticeable if you have a crack in the exhaust .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ha we crossed posts but yeah that could be it , like an exhaust leak amplifying normal noises . Here's your vid

stupid question but could the. turbo fan be making the noise as just strange.:text-feedback:

Does a faulty injector really make that noise - it sounds very mechanical :?.

Just check that the dip stick isn't bent and touching the crank before doing anything else (I've seen that happen before). Daft idea, I know :doh:.

Bob.
not had the dipstick out bob but pointing to the turbo as just noisy.

I don't think i have ever heard of one of these turbo's failing .

You didn't drop anything inside the manifold when when you fitted the egr plate did you !?!

Perhaps try turning the fuel up a touch . In my mind its diesel misfire , easy start or egr spray can produce a similar noise and both upset the timing .

I don't have good ears especially while trying to listen to a laptop but a whistling turbo is rarely something to worry about , it will be much more noticeable if you have a crack in the exhaust .

Funny u should mention ur ears as one of mine is blocked since i got out the bath about 3 wks ago now.
Went the walk in centre waited 2 hrs for him to give me a syringe and phone number to nhs treatment rooms.
Phoned them and got told there was a 6 week waiting list WTF i may as well go sit in hospital waiting room for 4hrs :angry-screaming::banana-gotpics:

I don't think i have ever heard of one of these turbo's failing .

You didn't drop anything inside the manifold when when you fitted the egr plate did you !?!

deffo not and if i did why wud the car run for a few mins perfect then start to make a noise again .
just read a clip on turbos and the get noisy if i have a vacuum leak or oil starved .

Can't you just hold your nose gob shut and blow , works for me to equalize the pressure in my ears when i get off a plane .

Try turning up the fuel its dead easy you could do it now in 5 minutes using a ciggy lighter for a lamp .

deffo not and if i did why wud the car run for a few mins perfect then start to make a noise again .
just read a clip on turbos and the get noisy if i have a vacuum leak or oil starved .

the clip you first sent me is my car just not as loud now.bad sensor clip

Did you see my last post because we may have crossed ?

You might be able to hear my turbo in this , i can't on a com but i think i remember Beau commenting on it
th_me004_zps19325f31.mp4.jpg

Can't you just hold your nose gob shut and blow , works for me to equalize the pressure in my ears when i get off a plane .

Try turning up the fuel its dead easy you could do it now in 5 minutes using a ciggy lighter for a lamp .

tried that and dont work as two clogged.

as for fuel i seem to be using a lot more in the last day or so probably down to vacuum leak.
At the present time it is liveable to put up with as its not as bad as when it had a vacuum leak.
Gonna get one of the diesel fitters in work to have a look as going to see my daughters in london around 26 march so needs to be spot on.

My theory behind turning up the fuel is these trucks are set from factory to run very lean and by blocking the egr you have increased oxygen hence making it run leaner still possibly causing pinking .

The vid didn't work for me on here either i haven't used photobucket for so long i can't remember how but the vid is post 28 or 29 here https://www.landcruiserclub.net/com...o-90-series-3-turboback-exhaust.138172/page-2

Did you see my last post because we may have crossed ?

You might be able to hear my turbo in this , i can't on a com but i think i remember Beau commenting on it
View attachment 123437

Yes got it now and sounds awesome but his is petrol and at the minute my lc sounds like i have a k&n filter fitted when i put my foot down and get the sucking sound.

Back