Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser Colorado 90 series 3" turboback Exhaust .

I'm aware of that Fridayman but dump back exhaust doesn't quite sound right for some reason :? Pity we are so far apart or i would be keen to compare .

Trying to make a "noise" click pic and skip the first 120 seconds , women don't know how to work on/off buttons :doh:
th_exhaustsound006_zpsa2cccc5d.jpg

Last edited:
:text-feedback: i know nothing sounds good on a computer but what do you think - is it a loud noise or a distinctive rumble ?

Dunno, but there is a hell of a lot of traffic there!
Steve

Not too loud at all, sounds good in the vid.

Sounds ok.

I dont think replacing the dump pipe would release many more horses, but it would allow the hot exhaust gases out quicker, and keep the head temp down.

As thats the potential weak link on the kzte I would certainly consider it if I was doing the exhaust.

I'd certainly like more mpg, and as i drive like im wearing slippers then the exhaust would be a good move, as I wouldnt be using it to drive faster.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Testing turbo for lag , flattest road i could find and starting in 5th gear stayed under 3000rpm = 0-60 in about 25 seconds which seems good to me given Toyota stated 14 seconds 0-60 while using the gearbox when the truck was new , what do you think ?

th_Torquetest007_zpsf0c48cfe.jpg

Last edited:
You've got your poor wife holding the camera again haven't you Shayne! Bless her.

Sounds good to me, I dunno what this turbo lag stuff is about, so I'll leave that to those that do!

:clap:

Exhaust sound comparison

Beau's truck with only the front end exhaust with no mufflers etc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlA_kAirwQ (it should be noted Beau's exhaust is work in progress)

My truck with a 3" Prospeed exhaust th_me004_zps19325f31.jpg

Will someone with a standard exhaust please post a similar vid .

Last edited:
Shayne, your exhaust has a deeper tone to it with less turbo whine...Does it drown on the motorway?

Kinda pisses me off that at motorway speeds the exhaust is forgotten as its not noticeable at all . The turbo whine is there but my exhaust exits out the side , its still not as loud as yours in the vid but then i haven't upped the boost yet .

Kinda pisses me off that at motorway speeds the exhaust is forgotten as its not noticeable at all . The turbo whine is there but my exhaust exits out the side , its still not as loud as yours in the vid but then i haven't upped the boost yet .

How many mufflers have you got installed in your system? After hearing how free mine is with the standard 2.5" pipe, I might leave it as it is with a free flow silencer.

One straight through muffler Beau pics are posted on page 1 of this thread .

Prospeed Rear Exhaust section

I assume one could also get Prospeed to make just that back angled section and cut off existing tail pipe nr. wheel arch and clamp-on new section.
LR - Below Rear view-em.jpg
I need for the exhaust not to protrude to the rear, so that I can put a steel cross member right across and out the side, to mount a pair of hydraulic legs, and much more equipment from my old LR Disco Tdi.

Attachments

• LR - Below Rear view-em.jpg
    LR - Below Rear view-em.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 195
3" dump pipe now fitted

Dumppipe001_zpsac9e15e6.jpg

Dumppipe002_zpseb18cf4d.jpg

Dumppipe003_zps74eb9bdc.jpg

Evidently Charlie opted to use 3" pipe directly from the new manifold flange instead of tapering out to size like the Beaudesert pipes .

Last edited:
Looks nice Shayne, any difference in drive?

Also it looks pretty close to that steering column piece, which does move about a bit, does it not?

Charlie checks for steering clearance before and after the build. It'll be fine.

Well spotted Beau with the steering , i would have to flip a coin to decide if the zorst will touch the column before the bumpstop comes into play , something to watch for i guess .

Different to drive is a hard one to answer . When i replaced the original exhaust from the dump pipe to 3" the change was dramatic , but i bust it remember , so i've been driving around for nearly 2 months with a temporary fix in place which sort of numbed the trucks response , it just didn't feel right if you know what i mean . Now shes back to her roaring best and perhaps a little better but its hard to gauge as nothing will compare to the grin factor i got the first time i collected my truck from Charlie .

Oh and by the way Charlie used my truck to make a jig so the 3" down pipe is now available by post .

Well spotted Beau with the steering , i would have to flip a coin to decide if the zorst will touch the column before the bumpstop comes into play , something to watch for i guess .

Different to drive is a hard one to answer . When i replaced the original exhaust from the dump pipe to 3" the change was dramatic , but i bust it remember , so i've been driving around for nearly 2 months with a temporary fix in place which sort of numbed the trucks response , it just didn't feel right if you know what i mean . Now shes back to her roaring best and perhaps a little better but its hard to gauge as nothing will compare to the grin factor i got the first time i collected my truck from Charlie .

Oh and by the way Charlie used my truck to make a jig so the 3" down pipe is now available by post .
Hi Shayne. Does Charlie still do this 3" down pipe?

Back