Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Elecktrickery

wobbly

Garage
The earth cable on the battery.....it goes to the earth connector, but it is also split off to an earth on the inner wing.

Ive managed to shear the nut holding the body earth in place....is this a problem as the other section still goes to the battery?

I've braided some copper wires and re-earthed it to the body temporarily until I can get it refixed, just worrying I've created a problem.

Anyone know why its earthed twice?

Pete

Not sure what you mean by 'it goes to the earth connector' but if Toyota felt a body earth was needed there then I'd say you want one, if not in exactly in the same place then near by on another body bolt.

Presumably there are sections of the eletrics that are picking up earth/negative off the body - so if you do not reconnect some of the circuits are not going to work.

Am going to refit it today by drilling out the sheared bolt and using a self-tapping bolt, but have moved the various aftermarket cables to a different point, just in case I have to alter them again in the future.

Not seen a cable split like this before, just my luck to break the first one I come across....

Pete

What a pain in the ar$e that was.

Used 3 HSS bits drilling through the nut, how come it broke so easily in the first place!

Anyway, resecured the earth cable and hopefully wont do the same again!

Pete

Back