Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrickery questions

Dan W

Garage
Hi, it's me again. Since I'm going to have a look at the diff lock sensor today, I thought I might as well make a day of it and address a couple of other issues.
Neither my heated seats or intermittent rear window wipers work.
With the seats the little light on the switch comes on but no heat. Same for passenger side. When you press it I'm assuming you should be able to hear a relay somewhere click, but it doesn't.
With the rear wiper, it works on continuous fine so it's not the motor, but again, no clicking from a relay.
Soooo.....could the relays for them be in the same spot and something's happened to them? I've done a search but can't find any info and it seems my FSM is missing some sections.
Thanks

No clicking can be heard from mine when I turn on either the seat heaters or the rear wiper. With the seats, check the plug connections under the seats themselves. The heated backrest stopped working on my driver's seat and it had come unplugged as the wire was stretched really tight. I know the seat has been out in the past as it was renewed under warranty years ago by a previous owner.

The rear wiper relay is in the tailgate. All you have is the stalk mounted switch, the relay and the motor so just start by checking all the connections are sound.

Thanks for the reply, I have a new tailgate to fit so hopefully that should rectify that problem then.
The seats I'll have to have a bit of a search for the wires to them, do they come up from the transmission tunnel sides do you know?

Look under the front of the seat, you can roll the cover up out the way a bit & you will see the seat wireing loom & a large white multi plug.

Thanks I'll have a look tomorrow after I've finished beating it with a branch.

Download the fsm pdf for the chassis- go to section BE 99 (body Electrical) its all there

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you know where I could get it from? I thought I'd got a complete one but there's sections missing from it.

Ok I've looked underneath and all the connections seem to be ok. However is there an inline fuse just before on of the connections? There's a black cylinder just before a connection.

Or does anyone know where I can stick my multimeter (oooooohhh, matron), to test if power is getting to the heating elements?
Fanku!

Back