Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

End of diesel overland travelling in Europe.

Unless anyone has not realised it yet, this is all about money, nothing else.

Just veering a little of topic but ultimately proving a point, many years ago lengths of the A13 into London went through major upgrades, some bridges were knocked down and replaced with underpasses or if you like another bridge just upside down. I had been asked to deliver some aggregate during the construction , it was to be used as foundations for the multiple speed cameras to be installed, for fun I pointed out to the banksman that cameras were only to be installed where certain parameters had been met i.e. X amount of accidents ect. He laughed......'Oh trust me, you can be sure statistics have already been drawn up"!

I have other examples but that is just one to think about.

Just face it, whinge as much as you like if it makes you feel better, but unless you are a influential giant in the business world.......YOU WILL DO AS YOUR TOLD!

Regards

Dave

This thread is about Europe and the last time i looked California was in a free country ?

@Shayne I think this is a post designed to get you to click the link. I don't think it has anything to do with the actual thread.

... and I would not recommend clicking the link

or am I just getting cyber paranoid in my old age???

Thread resurrected in order to plug was my first thought so i never clicked the link ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Obviously a bit slow on the whole ULEZ expansion and living in Bromley, what a massive PIA, need to seriously think about the LC, it’s a 94 so would need to keep it for another 9 years to get classic car status. Or think about selling it, or just pay the money every time I time it off the drive!!!

So, the Sheffield ULEZ is almost upon us, going live on Feb 27th '23.
Vans (inc campervans, minibuses & pickup trucks), LGV's & taxis below Euro 6 diesel & Euro 4 petrol.......£10 per day.
HGV's, buses & coaches below Euro 6 diesel & Euro 4 petrol......£50 per day.
Apparently there are some temporary exemptions until June.
Should be a nice little earner that.

No charge for private cars or motorcycles................yet!

Then there is the sectioning/dividing up of towns and cities, such as Oxford and Canterbury, (more will come) where you won't be able to cross over into other areas without a permit or a fine.
All done in ulez style with cameras and number plate recognition
To get to your destination across town, you have to come out of your own division, go around and 're enter the other division. All using more fuel and causing more pollution. FFS !!!
Then there is the 15 minute solution, where everyone lives within 15 minutes of all services you may need. Logistics, what are they ?
Don't believe me ? Look it up.

Billy Joel won't be getting his uptown girl , segregation you might call it .

So London has had congestion charging and ULEZ for a while, has anyone seen any stats as to a sustained reduction in either or both?

The cynic in me sees these as just a money making opportunity, but happy to be swayed by data

So London has had congestion charging and ULEZ for a while, has anyone seen any stats as to a sustained reduction in either or both?

The cynic in me sees these as just a money making opportunity, but happy to be swayed by data

Pollution : https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/def...oring_data_in_london_2016_to_2020_feb2020.pdf

Congestion (its an old report but shows 21% reduction in all motor traffic after congestion charge introduced. See table 6. https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/assets/...don_Congestion_Charge_Detailed_Assessment.doc

Then they introduce low traffic neighbourhoods and extensive cycle lanes, leaving less space for traffic.

I don't drive in London that much, but it doesn't feel to me that the traffic has ever improved, and in fact had got worse. Even if there are less cars, they're all stuck in traffic belching out fumes anyway, which doesn't sound like an improvement to me!

Thanks both, from a quick skim read, the pollution report shows interesting progress, although I imagine that need closer scrutiny by cleverer people than myself

Back