Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

End of diesel overland travelling in Europe.

AFAIK, they are going to connect the charge to your last MOT reading, and not the emissions the carry was first registered with.

Just checked. 1986 BJ73, 3.4D exempt. Not that it's ever going to be driven into London mind.

Now this is interesting.

Sheffield CC are looking to bring in a ‘congestion’ charge for Buses, taxis, vans and lorries but not private cars in 2021. They’re after £40m from the government to install the infrastructure, cameras etc and the policing for the scheme. I believe Leeds are to introduce a similar scheme this year.

:text-goodpost: Agreed, however, if the vid I posted is anything to go by, the data collected from the air is skewed by placing the air monitoring stations at busy junctions to constantly take high readings. And according those shown as medical professionals, there are no deaths attributable to NO2. So the driving air quality argument has been hijacked, applied in a draconian way and is now being enforced with bans.

Coming out of Sheffield station tonight the usual mild chaos was multiplied by ten. I walked around the corner and intercepted my Uber that hadn’t moved for minutes.

The driver pointed at the traffic lights behind him and blamed the proposed congestion charge. The sequence has been shortened, he said, to drive the readings up and strengthen the case for the 40 mill. While this may be anecdotal this was not another ranting cabbie and it is something I’ve noticed driving through that junction every day. Lately there’s always been a car stuck in the middle or crawling through a red into oncoming traffic.

He went on to tell me that take-home pay is the lowest he’s seen in 20 years on the job - that’s in real, not relative terms. The new £12.50 per day levy will mean him having to work the equivalent of an extra day every week and put extra miles on his car and use more diesel and generate more emissions ...

so higgy couldn't deliver a boat to London and make a days wage?
I don't really think a Nissan leaf is up the the job. jump on the tube with it? drag out the c5 from the back of the garage?
so trades people, van drivers, lorry drivers, people who tow etc are hit the hardest?
people who actually need a bigger vehicle to earn a living. people who actually keep London ticking over.
wouldn't it be better to target people whos vehicle is purely a "people mover". there are plenty of other ways to ship people around London right?
funny things cars.they sit there doing nothing for 90% of there lives. clogging up streets, car parks and pavements. wouldn't a car free London be great? quite streets that kids could play on and actually get some "fresh" air?

I think about 60 schools were affected with closures in worse hit towns with students going on strike at the Governments failings to tackle Harmful pollutants/smog/Vehicles harmful emissions in our Cities (call it what you will)...So just something else to give them the hurry up... How long will it be before the LEZ/ULEZ Zone is anything inside the M25.... All the attention Brexit is getting is delaying the inevitable:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think about 60 schools were affected with closures in worse hit towns with students going on strike at the Governments failings to tackle Harmful pollutants/smog/Vehicles harmful emissions in our Cities (call it what you will)...So just something else to give them the hurry up... How long will it be before the LEZ/ULEZ Zone is anything inside the M25.... All the attention Brexit is getting is delaying the inevitable:thumbup:
Is this what happened yesterday as a protest that not enough was being done to tackle climate change?

Is this what happened yesterday as a protest that not enough was being done to tackle climate change?
Didnt see it on the news My Missus was telling me about it... The Kids at her school wanted to strike so they could go and Burn Kent County Councils HQ down... Or go to the Local Mall and hang out.. I guess it was over a whole field of issues regarding the Enviroment .... Its good the young uns get involved but some leftie Hippie will just encourage them to carry a placard, chanting Ban the Diesels

Didnt see it on the news My Missus was telling me about it... The Kids at her school wanted to strike so they could go and Burn Kent County Councils HQ down... Or go to the Local Mall and hang out.. I guess it was over a whole field of issues regarding the Enviroment .... Its good the young uns get involved but some leftie Hippie will just encourage them to carry a placard, chanting Ban the Diesels
It was reported on our local radio as being a protest about their future and about increasing what is needed to tackle climate change. Some parent also attended and when interviewed stated that we’ve only got 12 years to avert disaster, or something. I’ll leave it there to avoid another Threadjack, and my blood pressure maxing out.

Im with Higgy at being on the thicker end of the stick now as i live in Somerset how long before the mayo ress of london is telling me to get me truck out of his smoke free zone So look at it this way Im going to The Clean just is not anywhere near as discriptive as Im Going To The SMOKE not being selfish at all now if these protesting people dont want to inhale diesel fumes surley it makes absolute sense for them to STOP bloody breathing jus sayin thats all

Kids can't go on strike, they don't work. Its just waggin' it for the day and the sad thing is nobody really cares wether they wag school or not. When the train drivers, air traffic controllers etc go on strike it directly affects thousands of people, the kids are just harming their own education. Their sentiment and concerns may be entirely justified of course but calling for urgent bans on this and that when you've no idea of the logistics involved and size of the problem is pointless IMO. Huge reductions in the use of plastics plus emissions crack downs etc are planned, as we all know but it simply can't be done in the timescale the kids seem to think it can.

Kids can't go on strike, they don't work. Its just waggin' it for the day and the sad thing is nobody really cares wether they wag school or not. When the train drivers, air traffic controllers etc go on strike it directly affects thousands of people, the kids are just harming their own education. Their sentiment and concerns may be entirely justified of course but calling for urgent bans on this and that when you've no idea of the logistics involved and size of the problem is pointless IMO. Huge reductions in the use of plastics plus emissions crack downs etc are planned, as we all know but it simply can't be done in the timescale the kids seem to think it can.
It all reminds me of the film Rebel Without a Cause when a responsible adult said to Marlon Brando's character "Just what are you protesting about?" and Brando said "What have you got?" it doesn't matter to the yoof of today what it is, they will protest about it. The majority of kids don't have the acumen to decide what is right or wrong.

It all reminds me of the film Rebel Without a Cause when a responsible adult said to Marlon Brando's character "Just what are you protesting about?" and Brando said "What have you got?" it doesn't matter to the yoof of today what it is, they will protest about it. The majority of kids don't have the acumen to decide what is right or wrong.
They just believe what they are told by teachers or see on social media

Some of the shit my daughter comes back with that she’s been told by teachers at school is unbelievable.
I really don’t think teachers should be imposing their own politics on 8year olds
Happily now she is home schooled
My missus is quick to remind the kids of the implications /cost and Enviromental impact on making an electric car.. When they start banging on about Smelly Diesels as the kids call em...

They just believe what they are told by teachers or see on social media
You're quite right Mog, that's why we should never let minors vote or take part in referenda, until they are mature enough to decide responsibly.

Last edited:
Most profound thing my mum ever said to me (i didnt have a dad) was when i was watching tv news about the Falklands war , i must have been 9 or 10 and i asked what an embargo is , she explained and after 10 minutes thought i declared it wrong .

She smiled and said "if you think its wrong son then it is wrong and don't ever let anyone tell you different" .

Maybe that's what makes me a rebel without a cause :lol:

They don't want anyone to own a car , hire purchase "rental" agreements are a very profitable commodity and if your permanently in debt with no way out you will tow the line or be subject to slander , defamation and criminalized .

Back