Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Guardian

Ben, what is the temperature range of the one you went with? How high have you seen it go? :think:

ive had it up to the mid 90's at which point my engine is over heating as ive forgotten to switch the fan on. :thumbdown:

ive started a list today of all the little jobs that need [strike:23xrkc04]finishing[/strike:23xrkc04] doing on my truck, and top of that list is to wire up the temp gauge/controller so that it switches my fan on at 80 degrees and off at 70. :)

mid 90's is about normal operating temperature but I guess the sensor you are using sees reduced temperatures because of the way it mounts so the numbers are only really meaningful on your installation.

Ben said:
so my solution was to simply use a cable terminal. i found the probe fitted inside one of the bigger yellow ones perfectly. :thumbup:

Crimpterminal1.jpg

have you bought one for your 80 Paul? :)
A simple but effective solution, thanks Ben.

No I haven't got one as I missed the previous 'debate', but I will be ordering one tomorrow :thumbup:

Ben - thats a good idea to use the terminal for the probe. :clap:

I was also thinking of adding a buzzer so I have an alarm when the temp goes over a certain threshold.

thanks. :thumbup:

yes i saw the buzzer you linked to, might have to get myself one of those. :)

mine is mounted right next to the steering wheel, so its very easy to keep an eye on it. ;)

P4250041.jpg

P4250044.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ben said:
so my solution was to simply use a cable terminal. i found the probe fitted inside one of the bigger yellow ones perfectly. :thumbup:
Crimpterminal1.jpg
Was the probe just a push fit, or did you crimp it a bit? :think:

i crimped it a little bit, and then applied plenty of electrical insulation tape. :thumbup:

Back