Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Oil Type

Sabilco13

Country Flag
uk
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering what type of engine oil is the best or is recommend for the 1HD-FT’ 4.2 L (4,164 cc) straight-6 24 valve SOHC turbocharged diesel engine? Many thanks for your help.

10W 40. Don't agonise over it. It's a truck engine probably with a lot of miles on it if it's aything like mine and most on here. Anything made from Unicorn tears is a complete waste of time. Built in the 90's to run on oil made in the 90's basically

That is great Chris thank you very much but actually it has only 13,000 miles on the clock would that make a difference on the type of oil? Thank you

No it wouldn't. Changing the oil on time is more important than selecting the oil.Now I'm not saying use something sold out of a caravn in a layby at midnight.... but just your general regular oil is perfectly fine. Read the specs in the handbook. 13,000 miles must be some sort of record. I've one with 48k on it and I thought that was good.

That is very helpful thank you. Yes, it is amazingly low so I would like to lookafter it properly thank you

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All you have to do is get some pics up now coz without pics it didn't happen :lol:
:thumbup:

No Problem!!! Thank you :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5079.JPG
    IMG_5079.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5081.JPG
    IMG_5081.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 59
Plenty to drool over there ! where on earth did you find such a vehicle , please tell me there is a warehouse full of them and somebody lost the keys to it 25 years ago :pray:

I knew it couldn't be an 80 with 13k on the clock. Right this thread is moving to ........

Actually that is correct!!! It is in a 70 series the one from the picture I imported it from Japan after a very thorough check. ''tell me there is a warehouse full of them and somebody lost the keys to it 25 years ago :pray:'' I wish

Back